What Are You Drinking ?

Tennents alcohol free beer, too hoppy to be branded as the famous T.
I'd tried a few different brands of alcohol free beers over the last few weeks before the wife gave birth and have to say that Tennents was easily the worst I tried (and I enjoy a pint of the real stuff).
The Estrella Damm was prob the best stuff or Adnams Ghost Ship if you like more of a craft beer.

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

I'd tried a few different brands of alcohol free beers over the last few weeks before the wife gave birth and have to say that Tennents was easily the worst I tried (and I enjoy a pint of the real stuff).
The Estrella Damm was prob the best stuff or Adnams Ghost Ship if you like more of a craft beer.

Estella is I would agree the best one also Bavaria 0.0 is good. 

They have put "hop extract" in the Tennents one which seems odd as the real stuff isn't hoppy at all.

Estella is I would agree the best one also Bavaria 0.0 is good. 
They have put "hop extract" in the Tennents one which seems odd as the real stuff isn't hoppy at all.
A lot of breweries use hop extract rather than real hops. I dont know if they do it for standard vitamin T, but commercially speaking, how extract is widespread even in lagers that arent hoppy at all.

Edit to explain better having re read that.... Hop extract doesnt have to mean hoppy, they just chose a cheaper product. Think vanilla essence versus vanilla beans or ground coffee versus instant.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

A lot of breweries use hop extract rather than real hops. I dont know if they do it for standard vitamin T, but commercially speaking, how extract is widespread even in lagers that arent hoppy at all.

Edit to explain better having re read that.... Hop extract doesnt have to mean hoppy, they just chose a cheaper product. Think vanilla essence versus vanilla beans or ground coffee versus instant.

Ah thanks that's a useful explanation I will check a can of the real stuff and report back but I was hoping considering how long it took them to get a 0% version on the market that they had cracked it, sadly not

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Ah thanks that's a useful explanation I will check a can of the real stuff and report back but I was hoping considering how long it took them to get a 0% version on the market that they had cracked it, sadly not

I dont like alcohol free beer tbh. The wife keeps trying to get to me to have one because she likes it but for me, if I'm not having a beer il just pick a soft drink. Generally find the alcohol free efforts too sweet. 

Interested to hear what you find from the real can as I have been burrowing around trying to find a recipe for tennents and so far drawing a bit of a blank. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont like alcohol free beer tbh. The wife keeps trying to get to me to have one because she likes it but for me, if I'm not having a beer il just pick a soft drink. Generally find the alcohol free efforts too sweet. 

Interested to hear what you find from the real can as I have been burrowing around trying to find a recipe for tennents and so far drawing a bit of a blank. 

I drink it infrequently but I'm on call this week and had a zoom call with my pals and like to have a tin or 5 and you can't have 5 tins of Irn Bru.

The ingredients are secret of T as it turns out 

IMG_20210305_133150.jpg

Around 13 years ago I bought Becks Blue by accident as I only saw how cheap it was in Victoria Wines. Wasn't until I got home that I realized my rookie mistake, absolutely disgusting stuff somehow even worse than regular Becks.

I tried a 0% radler Amstel in the Netherlands a couple of years ago which was really tasty, but I like sweet beers. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Iron brew sour from Vault City secured for tomorrow via the good lads at Phillies.

I bought that from Barrys shop. I wasnt keen on it, bit like syrupy flat iron brew. I suppose its never gonna be like it though. Was my first Vault City.

Watch out for new  beers in Tesco. Single cans and 440mls in four packs. New Northern Monk, Brewdog and Buxton. 

8 minutes ago, Ekhibee88 said:

I bought that from Barrys shop. I wasnt keen on it, bit like syrupy flat iron brew. I suppose its never gonna be like it though. Was my first Vault City.

Watch out for new  beers in Tesco. Single cans and 440mls in four packs. New Northern Monk, Brewdog and Buxton. 

I got a pint carton of it so if it's not great it's only a pint. They sold a full tank of it in about 4 hours of pre-orders for tomorrow which is good.

I had a Northern Monk lager that was flavoured with some sort of Japanese tea. It's the worst beer I've ever had. I got a few others delivered in the same order and a cherry cola sour exploded in the cupboard making the whole kitchen smell like panda pops for about a week. A cursed order.

Edited by Marshmallo

53 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Around 13 years ago I bought Becks Blue by accident as I only saw how cheap it was in Victoria Wines. Wasn't until I got home that I realized my rookie mistake, absolutely disgusting stuff somehow even worse than regular Becks.

I tried a 0% radler Amstel in the Netherlands a couple of years ago which was really tasty, but I like sweet beers. 

In a dazzling coincidence, I have been speaking to a small brewing supplier I use about it. They just emailed me half an hour ago to inform me that they have got some Herkules hops (definitely in tennents) in to their shop for me. 

Oh well.... Guess I'm making tennents then 😂

Budweiser Prohibition is decent as far as non alcoholic beers go, much better than Becks Blue, Heineken's offering and maybe even regular Budweiser. Tennents one is shite and that's coming from someone who is very fond of the real stuff. It doesn't taste even remotely similar to Tennents, i'm not sure why they bothered really and i find it a bit puzzling if that's went through loads of testing before release, for them genuinely to think it was good and worth putting out. 

Edited by Fratelli

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I bought a bottle of alcohol free Früh Kölsch by accident in a pub a couple of years ago. I just saw the label in the fridge and ordered without realising that it was 0%

It tasted quite nice as alcohol free beers go. Unfortunately the pub didn't have a Kölner Stange so I drank it out of the bottle.