What Are You Drinking ?

Overtone All Together. Props to Overtone, as they seem to have been bringing out about two new beers a week all the way through this. That being said, quite a lot of them seem to be essentially very - some might say suspiciously - similar IPAs in different packaging. This falls into that category.... nice enough but nothing very memorable about it.

Buy Overtone Brewing All Together NEIPA | Buy Beer online direct from  Overtone Brewing | EeBriaTrade.com

Edited by Hillonearth

33 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Last night’s tasting.

C0FAC3C4-0827-40E8-9644-5F4D25689FFD.jpeg

Ooft, looks a good selection. Only had the Brugse Zot from that which is an absolute banger. Used to be on tap in my local when I lived in Holloway. 

Bog standard Heineken for the football and boxing for me this evening. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Ylf said:

spider monkey is outstanding

Glad I didnt respond to this on my first couple of drinks cos I would have been disagreeing, but as my fridge us way to cold for anything except lagers, this one has got better as its warmed up and am now in agreement that it's the better of the two.

20201212_202032.thumb.jpg.efca5d9821988c0cc650d1a079981b63.jpg

I like my ale cold. 

I've got my glass frosted to perfection.

A debut for the cocktail shaker this evening by attempting an espresso martini.

Spoiler

1142859678_200(1).gif.670945d672740dab2b4632d5e59a2cd8.gif

Vodka and some mad Italian coffee liqueur forms the base for now but I've ordered Patron Cafe tequila off Amazon (going at the stupidly low price of £21 yesterday) to simplify it even further in the future.

Edited by vikingTON

Franziskaner weissbier now. Really fucking good tbh. Not had this one before, but in terms of the names of the genre, it joins Weihenstephaner in kicking Erdinger around the place. Lovely thick mouthfeel and just the right amount of banana flavour. Got a weissbier cooking atm and if its anywhere close to this il be over the moon.

I can't stand weissbier unless it is flavoured with something (eg Drygate's Berliner weiss with rhubarb) and I am miffed that my latest Beer 52 Polish box contains two of the fuckers. Worse than the usual parade of generic IPAs. 

Have skipped next month's box in advance and am strongly considering jumping through the million hoop process to chuck the subscription altogether. It's getting much easier to just order directly from decent brewers online in the past year so I can do without the middlemen trying to flog beard oil.

I can't stand weissbier unless it is flavoured with something (eg Drygate's Berliner weiss with rhubarb) and I am miffed that my latest Beer 52 Polish box contains two of the fuckers. Worse than the usual parade of generic IPAs. 
Have skipped next month's box in advance and am strongly considering jumping through the million hoop process to chuck the subscription altogether. It's getting much easier to just order directly from decent brewers online in the past year so I can do without the middlemen trying to flog beard oil.
I was expecting a load of shite off Beer 52 but it was only 1 very brief phone call. Nae nonsense off the boy just told him I didnt want it anymore

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I was expecting a load of shite off Beer 52 but it was only 1 very brief phone call. Nae nonsense off the boy just told him I didnt want it anymore

I just emailed Beer52 and told them to cancel my order. They emailed me back with some sob story about an hour later saying they were sorry to see me go and offering me all kinds of incentives. I ignored the email and never heard from them again.

Last time it was a phone call and a pretty decent incentive which was far less of a ball-ache than continuing the call. Unless they improve their offering to allow an all dark beer selection (they'll of course let you choose all light beers because they source about 7 million IPAs per case anyway) then they can get to f**k this time though. 

Tonight's Off Tempo from Bad Co is their "Tropical IPA" 
It's not bad, but a bit bland overall. Had much worse, but I'll be in no rush to drink it again.
20201212_222049.thumb.jpg.0110b3cc2e7948e678f3834be26eef33.jpg

you tried the milkshake one from same company? really good £2 can in asda