keyser_soze

What Are You Drinking ?

On 25/10/2020 at 18:27, Archie McSquackle said:

I bought one but haven't tried it yet. Anyway last night I tried another one of my Lidl purchases. Wasn't sure what to expect from 71 Brewing's Valleys Between, described as a strawberry and passion fruit gose, but it was lovely - really refreshing. I'll be popping back for a few more of these and the Spey Valley Winter Sunshine. 20201025_181842.jpg

Now had it and thought it was quite good as well. It perhaps needed a wee bit more salt to get the full sweet-sour-salty combination: like a Margarita in a can. Gose beers like this are usually worth looking out for though.

A Negra Modelo and one of the Ola Dubhs for the CL this evening.

On 25/10/2020 at 16:37, Arch Stanton said:

Tried that in Brussels last year. You get a mini yard-of-ale style glass to drink it from.

Kwak Glass and Wooden Stand

This is my favourite Belgian glass.

la-corne-glas.jpg

I tried this stuff at a pub in Antwerp a couple of years ago. Decent enough but it was about 8% so one was enough.

EDIT: £29 on Amazon. f**k that!

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

These beer glass things are about as big an abomination as eating fish n chips off of a slate or wooden board.

Has anyone ever tried a California Common? I believe the only guise the style is really sold in here is Anchor Steam Beer. Have read the style guide but wonder if theres any personal experience

4 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

No Tennents, so a pint of a Moretti it is

B5D40FDC-3901-4AE8-BB30-3296AEC7D17B.jpg

Away and throw shite at yourself!

Like drinking s dark chocolate bounty.
Two thumbs up.20201030_170043.thumb.jpg.ced2ca98f0ac4c5bc9b9ade313679b69.jpg
I had Drygates chocolate peanut butter Imperial Stout the other night. It was really really good. That one sounds good too though. Time to try and brass neck another brewery for a recipe I think.....

71 Brewing are doing some right decent beers just now. Had 'All the fun of the citrus' last night which were very fruity tasting (some proper beer aficionados may take exception to it) and having some Left Coast tonight.
Both very decent!

Amarillo Single Hop Pale Ale. (Homemade)

Distinctly unimpressed. Sampled way too early so hopefully the various shortcomings in this one will condition out. Will leave at least 3 or 4 weeks before trying again.

Kicking off the Beer 52 Oktoberfest box with a crisp Buro pilsner. Decent range in the box with a few dunkels and the ABK festbier.

15 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

From Tesco. £8 reduced from £10.
IMG_3300.jpg

Good?

Advice sought, please.

I bought the below bottle to use in a Christmas cake, but will have plenty left over. Are there any decent brandy cocktails? 

8E6ADF8A-FB72-4B5E-8C0A-A96B437F3599.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Duszek said:

Advice sought, please.

I bought the below bottle to use in a Christmas cake, but will have plenty left over. Are there any decent brandy cocktails? 

8E6ADF8A-FB72-4B5E-8C0A-A96B437F3599.jpeg

Drink it neat

Bar down the road from me are doing takeaway so I'm going to give them some business as they rotate a very decent range of beers.

Got a couple of pints of Paulaner Oktoberfest tonight. Superb.

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

No Tennents, so a pint of a Moretti it is

B5D40FDC-3901-4AE8-BB30-3296AEC7D17B.jpg

To be fair, subbing Tennents for Moretti is like when your star player goes off injured but your sub comes on, scores the winner and it’s a fucking screamer. Superb option to have on your bench. Literally, by the looks of it. 

ETA: Took bloody cold for ootside pints though.

Edited by 8MileBU