What Are You Drinking ?

12 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Double Joker is fine but its not a patch on the original. I've got nothing against a double/imperial IPA, and I've had some good ones, but I agree, I don't really see the point of taking an already good beer and just making it stronger

There is a double punk IPA too. I think that's better than the original. 

Sad to report that I'm not that impressed with the Fyne Lager. Carbonation is less than I personally like but more importantly, given they are calling it Helles style, they have gone for some new world floral hops which pretty makes makes it a hybrid lager/IPA

Another bash at my Amarillo Single Hop and it is improving but there are still issues there I cant quite put my finger on. I think it is overbittered and theres a faint hint of raw alcohol there. Perhaps more time needed. Plenty of lager on the go so no issue putting this one aside for another few weeks.

20201119_194919.jpeg

Moved on to my latest German lager. Put it in a keg so hasnt really carbed up to where it needs to be yet, and still some haze to clear down but was my first attempt at pressure fermenting (the way the big boys do it) and the results are glorious. A couple of weeks in the keg and this is going to be fucking amazing if I say so myself

20201119_203718.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Moved on to my latest German lager. Put it in a keg so hasnt really carbed up to where it needs to be yet, and still some haze to clear down but was my first attempt at pressure fermenting (the way the big boys do it) and the results are glorious. A couple of weeks in the keg and this is going to be fucking amazing if I say so myself

20201119_203718.jpeg

How much do you drink?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

What has led you to this, before I answer? 

I'm making no accusations, but you're a regular contributor around here. I was just wondering if you're the type that can wait until about 9.00, have 2 and go to bed.

My M.O. is more lots, but not very often. My last drink was on the 5th of October, before that 19th September...not that I'm counting.

I'm making no accusations, but you're a regular contributor around here. I was just wondering if you're the type that can wait until about 9.00, have 2 and go to bed.
My M.O. is more lots, but not very often. My last drink was on the 5th of October, before that 19th September...not that I'm counting.
Small and often probably fits my MO. Although I tend to take breaks from it whenever I feel iv kicked the arse out it a bit. I had 5 beers on Monday after 8 days aff it, then 3 last night. I sort of drink with my shift pattern so theres built in days when I dont touch it.

All of that said, it probably comes down on the side of a bit too much. The curse of being an artisan [emoji848]