What Are You Drinking ?

Innis and Gunn have been around a while.  I thought they were owned by or their stuff used to be brewed at Tennents.
A few years ago it seemed as though I&G were rivalling Brewdog as the burgeoning start-up but their progress seems to have stalled. Certainly compared to Brewdog but they don't seem to be any larger than the the standard smallish brewer apart from having a couple of their own pubs.

Admittedly I'm maybe not the best judge as I don't get to many pubs at the best of times and am basing this on what I generally see around.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yeah, heard them on the radio a few weeks back. Just Googled it to see I wasn't dreaming it all 

Screenshot_2020-11-08-10-51-14-14.thumb.jpg.c85df6b84ca83454cf21616f916cd843.jpg

Will the fad of people attaching the flip tops from the bottles to their  boots be returning too 🤣☺️

1 hour ago, centralTon said:

There's one in Ashton Lane, Glasgow as well, but if you're in Ashton Lane, Brel and The Ubiquitious Chip are far superior pubs.

Didn't know there was an I&G pub in Ashton Lane. What's it called? I like the Chip pub, but it's tiny and often packed.

41 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Didn't know there was an I&G pub in Ashton Lane. What's it called? I like the Chip pub, but it's tiny and often packed.

I think it's called Innis and Gunn Taproom, next door to the Grosvenor cinema.

6 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

If we ever return to normal, you must visit the I&G pub on Lothian Road, Edinburgh. The Beer Kitchen.

They have a pub in Dundee. It was called the Beer Kitchen but is now simply called The Taproom. The food is decent enough but it's a pretty boring place to drink. There are much better pubs nearby.

5 hours ago, stanton said:

Will the fad of people attaching the flip tops from the bottles to their  boots be returning too 🤣☺️

That what I was thinking. I didn't realise that @Bairnardo is a Brosette.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
46 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:
That what I was thinking. I didn't realise that [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] is a Brosette.

Is this an age thing? I have no idea what that is....

Back in the 80s Bros fans were known as Brosettes and they had a brief fashion fad that involved tying Grolsch bottle tops into their shoelaces.

3-16.thumb.jpg.4a1e957b51ac8f32b005b2b63d9e81f5.jpg

4 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Back in the 80s Bros fans were known as Brosettes and they had a brief fashion fad that involved tying Grolsch bottle tops into their shoelaces.

3-16.thumb.jpg.4a1e957b51ac8f32b005b2b63d9e81f5.jpg

Oh. 

I can assure you my intentions for these bottles are the purest. 

Innis and Gunn have been around a while.  I thought they were owned by or their stuff used to be brewed at Tennents.
We done the Tennents tour and were told that they brewed I&G stuff for a while as Tennents have excess brewing space that they essentially rent it out to other smaller breweries.
Think I&G have grown a fair bit since then and prob brew/bottle their own stuff now.

7 hours ago, Eednud said:

15/15. The only one I mulled over was actually San Miguel which is from where I live but the label is completely different and San Miguel isn't actually a specific beer here - it's a brewery with a few different beers.  

1 hour ago, Duszek said:

I like gin and I like rosé, so I took a blind punt on this. Rosé gin.

It’s utterly horrific. What was I thinking?

B1CFE63F-3424-42CB-A149-2EDAE015C6D2.jpeg

Gin is fucking horrific and Rosé is for people who don’t like proper wine.

You deserve everything you get.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Gin is fucking horrific

Incorrect.

Decent Gin mixed by someone that knows what they're doing (as opposed to some chump in wetherspoons) is superb.

9 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Incorrect.

Decent Gin mixed by someone that knows what they're doing (as opposed to some chump in wetherspoons) is superb.

You know what else is still, and always has been a perfectly good and refreshing drink? Gordons gin, Schweppes tonic, ice and lime. G&T was always excellent, long before the fad bullshit and folk trying to explain to you that "Edinburgh Gin with a twist of orange and Fever Tree slimline" is some sort of new discovery.

It doesn't need someone who knows what they are doing either. G&T is a fine drink. That's not to say there aren't a variety of quality gins out there. The whole bullshit around gin fucks me off though.