What Are You Drinking ?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

May yer lum aye reek brother

That looks lovely Bairnardo. I'd love to try homebrewing, but I've not got the patience. Anyway, I'm having this. Tastes like a crunchie bar, but it's not described as a porter or a stout. 

IMG_20201103_195310.jpg

Probably my favourite that I've had on the Sub so far.

Agreed. My girlfriend got a mixed case for my birthday, think that was the pick of the bunch. Bit pricey as Mizfit has said however.

A couple of glasses of Malbec tonight for this bear. No subs left.

A couple of Negra Modelos for now and a Barney's marshmallow milk stout for later, quite looking forward to that.

What is the recommended/experienced shelf life for mini-kegs once opened? Having five litres of Schiehallion or one of the Fyne Ales range on tap is tempting but I'm wondering whether it would be worthwhile or not: presumably lager has a shorter shelf life than ale as well. 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Enjoy. Last time I was in they were pretty low in stock- were the shelves full again?

Yeah place was well stocked and the brew shed was pumping out some top aromas. 

Had a good bit of chat with the lad in the shop. Sound as f**k. Definitely make my good guys of brewing list and will continue to buy their shit. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah place was well stocked and the brew shed was pumping out some top aromas. 

Had a good bit of chat with the lad in the shop. Sound as f**k. Definitely make my good guys of brewing list and will continue to buy their shit. 

The helles lager you brewed, is it hoppy at all?? I'm trying to broaden my horizons a bit, I drink far too much porters and stouts, and my stomach suffers badly at times, so I'm going to try some lagers and ipa's. I don't like anything too hoppy, for instance I've been drinking the "brel" that williams bros brew for Aldi, and that's quite decent. 

Edited by philpy