What Are You Drinking ?

I've started on a Punk IPA by Brewdog. Its rated as one of the best IPAs on RateBeer, but then again this is the same site that said Perfect Storm was "average".

I like Punk. Some drinkers don't like the Brewdog phenomenon but the beers are excellent.

Wait a minute, you had a hot fried egg with cold ham on a roll then?

What kind of culinary concoction is that? Did you have any kind of sauce as an accompaniment?

I did. A slightly runny yolk is its own sauce. The roll was well-buttered and there was plenty of black pepper and a wee tate of salt.

Glorious ;)

Joker IPA. Need to get this stuff on tap in my work, cracking stuff.

This. Get it on draught in Williams' pubs. Is there a better session beer?

I'm on a nice white wine tonight. An Aussie Sauvignon called Rosewater Park.

Doom Bar is rapidly becoming the ale of choice 'down here'. All the local pubs are promoting it.

We've got it as a 'must have in stock' ale now. Not entirely sure why as I've personally always found it fairly average.

As mentioned above you could drink Joker all day long. Long and painful process trying to convince the men in suits to approve it though.

This Doom pish seems to be in a lot of airport bars as well.

The brewers are having some big nation wide push on it (I.e. Selling casks at a discount, hoping it catches attention then raising the price again). In my experience it's still not selling, however, so I don't see it lasting for much longer. Even when we didn't have it I think I had one punter asking if we had it.

We've got it as a 'must have in stock' ale now. Not entirely sure why as I've personally always found it fairly average.

This Doom pish seems to be in a lot of airport bars as well.

The brewers are having some big nation wide push on it

I was in our local Wetherspoons on Tuesday and they were selling it for £1.99 a pint.

It's not a bad pint, especially if you're having food or a dram. Just surprised that it has become so widely promoted.

Kozel followed by Schiehallion (both on tap) as a post-work swift half. On way home now though. :(

Joker IPA. Need to get this stuff on tap in my work, cracking stuff.

My local Wetherspoons includes Joker in their Tuesday 'Sirloin steak & Pint for £6.99' deal. Fantastic, although they also offer Williams Bros' sister pint Caesar Augustus which is my preferred option.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I'll have the shrimp sandwich then.

One of my previous wives was Skandi and when we had herring she always asked that I bought Tuborg. It works well. So does Guinness and smoked salmon. Cheese and scrumpy.

There's a whole thread to be made discussing beer and food combos.