What Are You Drinking ?

Makers mark.

Discovered this in Colorado towards the end of last year. Not seen it for sale here anywhere here but I've probably not looked in the spirits section recently seeing as I've still got a pile of real whisky to get through first Bourbons have their moments though. It's certainly a mood thing.

Still not tried that. My missus had it with coke somewhere recently and said it was decent.

Good lord. Jack Daniels for that.

If you were going to mix whisky and coke for example, you wouldn't use a Glenfiddich would you? No, Bell's or Grouse. I mention this because an American asked for this back when I used to be a barman and I quickly talked him out of it.

Before I knew anything about bourbons, a mate of mine came back from the States with a taster kit of about 6-8 miniatures. Some of them were really nice (Old Grandad being a favourite although it's pretty rare to get these days, even in the States) but the two I liked the least were called Jack Daniels and Jim Beam. That's marketing for you, the same reason why half the world think that Johnny Walker is the best 'Scotch' out there. Poor, poor people. :(

Edited by Hedgecutter

Discovered this in Colorado towards the end of last year. Not seen it for sale here anywhere here but I've probably not looked in the spirits section recently seeing as I've still got a pile of real whisky to get through first Bourbons have their moments though. It's certainly a mood thing.

I've seen it in quite a few bars but not in any shops. Peckhams is always a good place to try if you're looking for something a bit less common.

Good lord. Jack Daniels for that.

If you were going to mix whisky and coke for example, you wouldn't use a Glenfiddich would you? No, Bell's or Grouse. I mention this because an American asked for this back when I used to be a barman and I quickly talked him out of it.

Aye that's what I thought but they'd run out of Jack and MM was the only Bourbon they had (and yes I'm aware that Jack isn't actually a Bourbon ;))