What Are You Drinking ?

18 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Half price at Sainsbury’s so thought I’d give it a try. Pretty decent actually.

Picked up the last two cans of this today plus a bundle of Disco Forklift Truck which is also on discount. Bargain.

IMG_20230311_130645.thumb.jpg.f96b79900f3c774ae7e94381c5339540.jpg

Vocation Honeycomb stout - a liquid Crunchie bar at 7% ABV.

M and S have reduced most of their 440ml cans to £2, so went for the selection box approach. Mikkeler's Raspberry Berliner Weisse was even better on the second attempt. 

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Did Honeycomb taste like a 7 or was it sweet enough to mask it? Sounds incredible.

It wasn't too sweet IMO but still tasted like alcohol free, Vocation just know their stuff with speciality stouts - they churn out ridiculously smooth 11, 12, 13% numbers all the time.

Which are btw the ideal supply for camping - one or two super strength Vocation cans that never need a fridge stomp all over a slab of lager to haul around in the summer.

I had a rare trip Morrison's a few days ago who seem to be the only supermarket who sell more than one Fyne Ale. Highlander is a lovely Amber ale. I like the stronger tasting or darker beers when I want to go with the more peaty whiskies fora hauf and hauf. 

20230311_224750.jpg

Edited by Archie McSquackle