What Are You Drinking ?

Little Bang Brewing Sun Bear Hazy Pale. Label states that a portion (not specified) of all sales goes to help endangered and abused animals including sun bears. No bad but not their best brew. When I was looking at the alcohol content I noticed that this is 4.2% the same as the Swell Pacific above and even though both are 375ml cans this one is listed as 1.2 standard drinks compared to 1.0 for the Swell one.

D92F70C0-DECE-4690-AD6F-99E7962C67E0.jpeg

Something I picked up in a Romanian shop earlier.

6/10 (rounded up from 5.5)

PXL_20230207_211422221.thumb.jpg.bc01a963bc4adb4aea71112bfa004429.jpg

(however, the pork scratchings I picked up at the same time were absolutely glorious)

Eta: now on this. Dark, but a bit similar to McEwan's Export.

PXL_20230207_214344184.thumb.jpg.1080ac22eded31759df5d302c69d7b2d.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

5 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Best ae gear. Was working my way through all the flavours when the Burrito place that had them all shut down. Was devastated.

If you’re ever passing through Lochend there’s a petrol station that sells them. Maybe mask up though as they put photos of all the shoplifters up on a big display. 

On 05/02/2023 at 15:42, Derry Alli said:

Good to hear this. Is that Iron Brew ~£6 a can?

I'll nip up in a couple weeks see what goodies I can buy. I'll PM you on here see if you're about, can nip for a pint and a blether somewhere if you fancy mate.

Nah, not quite that pricey. Think it's about £3.50 (maybe a bit more, but don't think it's over £4). Well worth it mind as it's ace! They've repeatedly sold out of it. Was in on Tuesday and got a can, amongst others. Must have dropped almost £100 in there since it opened! 

Aye, would be down for a pint and chatting pish some time.

image-b4c928af-e4f8-46cd-8751-ce19f2e26b581616147063170533627.thumb.jpg.2c443b968e0a2f77018f54ee1e6aacd7.jpg

Quite nice but not really a Love Hearts beer/flavour. It's more of a strawberry and lime sour. 

An actual Love Hearts beer would be immense. Would recommend instead Brewdog's Puppy Love, which is a sherbert IPA (and one of my all time favourite beers). 

This is still a really good beer mind, just not what you would expect/want from one branded as Love Hearts. Vault City are absolutely brilliant at sours. Tremendous brewery and a new favourite of mine. Have had a few of theirs, with the Iron Brew being the best, but the Mango and Peach Bellini ones are excellent too. Discover Beers in Dundee has a good selection and I'm slowly working my way through them!

My next post here shortly is also tremendous.

Edited by DA Baracus

Laid up with a bad back… one of those buggers that means you can’t sleep, can’t find a comfy position to sit for any length of time in… not the end of the world but fcuk, wish it would fcuk right off. Nothing for it but two large bourbons & coke. Real full-fat Coke, one block of ice. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select, followed by a Woodford Reserve… a double.

Apologies to all single malt drinkers. I know, I know, I’m a heathen. Still, absolutely bloody lovely.