What Are You Drinking ?

Tryst Brewings pilsner is first up.

It's bottle conditioned, like all their beers, and I have a problem with that unfortunately. It suits some beers, where the yeast is required to provide some of the flavour profile. Just doesn't work in a lager though. Furthermore I think bottle conditioning contributes a taste of its own, outside of the actual yeast that carries into the beer. Again, it doesn't work in pursuit of a clean tasting lager.

It's not a bad beer, but as a pilsner.... Na

I'm driving all week so I am on tea. Fucking tea! 

I am with Galahad. 

“Ah, here you are, Mr Whipple,” Lord Emsworth said.  "Capital, capital.  I will ring for tea.“

"Tea?” said Gally.  "You don’t want tea.  Filthy stuff.  Look what it did to poor Buffy Struggles.  Did I ever tell you about Buffy?  Someone lured him into one of those temperance lectures illustrated with coloured slides and there was one showing the liver of the drinker of alcohol.  He called on me next day, his face ashen.  'Gally,’ he said, ‘what would you say the procedure was when a fellow wants to buy tea?’  'Tea?’ I said.  'What do you want tea for?’  'To drink,’ he said.  I told him to pull himself together.  'You’re talking wildly,’ I said.  'You can’t drink tea.  Have a drop of brandy.’  He shook his head.  'No more alcohol for me,’ he said.  'It makes your liver look like a Turner sunset.’  Well, I begged him with tears in my eyes not to do anything rash, but I couldn’t move him.  He ordered in ten pounds of the muck and was dead two weeks later.  Got run over by a hansom cab in Piccadilly.  Obviously if his system hadn’t been weakened by tea, he’d have been able to dodge the vehicle.  Summon Beach and tell him to bring a bottle of champagne.  I can see from Whipple’s face that he needs a bracer.“

"Perhaps you are right,” said Lord Emsworth.

“I know I’m right.  The only safe way to get through life is to pickle your system thoroughly in alcohol.  Look at Freddie Potts and his brother Eustace the time they ate the hedgehog.”

“Ate what?”

“The hedgehog.  Freddie and Eustace were living on the Riviera at the time and they had  French chef, one of those whose job was to go to market and buy supplies.  On the way to Grasse that day, as he trotted off with the money in his pocket, he saw a dead hedgehog lying by the side of the road.  Now this chef was a thrifty sort of chap and he saw immediately that if he refrained from buying the chicken he’d been sent to buy and stuck to the money, he’d be that much up, and he knew that with the aid of a few sauces he could pass that hedgehog off as chicken all right, so he picked it up and went home with it and served it up next day en casserole.  Both brothers ate heartily, and here’s the point of the story.  Eustace, who was a teetotaller, nearly died, but Freddie, who had lived mostly on whisky since early boyhood, showed no ill effects whatsoever.  I think there is a lesson in this for all of us, so press that bell, Clarence.”

Mountain Culture Beer Co Cult IPA at 6.2%.  Below is what it says on the can which makes me think there was an error and it should have been n not l. This is not a good beer, they probably fucked up the batch but thought let’s can it as some silly cult will buy it. Good news, only bought a 4 pack. Bad news, 3 left.

A New England IPA that's bursting with our favourite new world hops, tropical fruit notes, and a pillowy body. It's so entrancing it might just brainwash you into selling everything you own, growing a ponytail and starting a mind-bending drum circle.

9FC7DBF0-DF1F-4C61-9E8E-13C2E55722DE.jpeg

Edited by Eednud