What Are You Drinking ?

Just now, superwell87 said:

That stuff looks amazing.  Where did you find that mate? 

Morrisons. They have it regularly, but when I went during the week it was on sale so got 3 of them!

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Morrisons. They have it regularly, but when I went during the week it was on sale so got 3 of them!

Cheers. Gonna need to look for that in my local Morrisons. 

3 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

Cheers. Gonna need to look for that in my local Morrisons. 

Aye Morrisons have a good selection.

In fact, were I to rate the major supermarkets in order of beer selection (good to bad) I'd go:

- Morrisons 

- Sainsburys 

- Aldi

- Lidl

- Tesco 

- Asda 

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye Morrisons have a good selection.

In fact, were I to rate the major supermarkets in order of beer selection (good to bad) I'd go:

- Morrisons 

- Sainsburys 

- Aldi

- Lidl

- Tesco 

- Asda 

Aye, Morrisons usually have a good selection. Lidl is usually my next port of call. 

2 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

Aye, Morrisons usually have a good selection. Lidl is usually my next port of call. 

Yup, great to see so many places that do so many good beers.

My only complaint is that lagers have 'de-empahasised'. You used to get a great selection of them. I mind Asda did a deal of three 4 packs for £10, and the selection was pretty good (including Cusquena, Brahama, Mahou, Sagres, Cobra and other good stuff). 

20221001_233921.thumb.jpg.b01cc6179578dc85451aa83dfda214be.jpg

Think I've posted this before, but can't be sure! At first it's a pleasant raspberry jam beer, but then the peanut butter taste hits. It's odd, but it isn't unpleasant. Got it in Sainsburys. And yes, I know it roughly translates to 'outsider'.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

Had a pint of spaten on tap at the station Hotel in larbert yesterday.  Cost me £5.90 but wasn't too fussed as not many pubs have it on draught.

20221001_125640.jpg

I paid a tenner for a pint in Daliman airport last week. Breaking my previous record of £8.00, in Leeds, quite comfortably.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I hope you at least pocketed the glasses and took them home.

I've still got my Croatian glasses, but all our bags were stuffed with fake merchandise from the Turkish markets this time.

I'll  be going out like Buster Bloodvessel in one of my new "Fred Perry" shirts later.

4 hours ago, philpy said:

Had a pint of spaten on tap at the station Hotel in larbert yesterday.  Cost me £5.90 but wasn't too fussed as not many pubs have it on draught.

20221001_125640.jpg

That's a cracking pint in a very good boozer, my go to pint whenever I'm in there.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I paid a tenner for a pint in Daliman airport last week. Breaking my previous record of £8.00, in Leeds, quite comfortably.

Paid £15 for a pint in Copenhagen 5 years ago, the most I've ever paid for a pint. Went at the Easter school  holiday and spent £750 in 3 days, had been in Gdansk at the October holiday before that, spent £250 over the same amount of time.

Heading back to Gdansk in a fortnight, Mrs. cT's October break, will post photos of very cheap beer when we're there.

That's a cracking pint in a very good boozer, my go to pint whenever I'm in there.
Im slowly going off the Station. Its still top notch for beer and whisky selection, but their proces are wild and it seems to be getting more and more that they are not that interested in being a pub. Couple of times iv been in there at the back of 9 when it's quiet ish and they just boot you out and close. Shite.