What Are You Drinking ?

2 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

It doesn't get much better than this...

20220925_130933.thumb.jpg.2936725c62cff481d3efcf96ecccc69c.jpg

What country do y'all reckon makes the best beer?

I'd say that the Belgians are technically superior but German beer is more accessible and instantly gratifying. 

Missed a trick.

2 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I'd say that the Belgians are technically superior but German beer is more accessible and instantly gratifying. 

Germany for me. Don't know what it is but a lot of the Belgian styles just don't click for me whereas I could drink almost any type of beer I've had from Germany.

For me the best beers come from modern-day Czechia - and most were originally set up by German brewers. The real Germans and the Belgians fight it out for the silver medal spot. 

Scotland/the wider UK actually runs them very close now. From pilsner (Schiehallion etc.) to whisky cask or other imperial, aged stouts there's plenty of genuinely world class products out there now, amid the sea of generic hoppy pish. 

8 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Many fine Scottish breweries today. Everyone will have his favourites. Williams, Stewart, Innis & Gunn, Fine, Drygate...

Another supermarket (Woolworths group) brand, New Dawn Brewing Pale Ale. Label claims that it’s mindfully crafted  with organic hops to deliver great flavour with less carbs and that it’s 99% sugar free. I’ll believe them about organic hops but great flavour or as it also states elsewhere on the can, high taste, is not so believable. Consigned to the remember not buy again lot.

DAB77466-9B1C-41D7-96DB-A74222BC0788.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Another supermarket (Woolworths group) brand, New Dawn Brewing Pale Ale. Label claims that it’s mindfully crafted  with organic hops to deliver great flavour with less carbs and that it’s 99% sugar free. I’ll believe them about organic hops but great flavour or as it also states elsewhere on the can, high taste, is not so believable. Consigned to the remember not buy again lot.

DAB77466-9B1C-41D7-96DB-A74222BC0788.jpeg

The Doctor Holds A Can Of Urine Analysis In His Hand Urine Sample For Exam  Selective Focus Stock Photo - Download Image Now - iStock

Spey's Jam - raspberry wheat beer by Spey Valley brewery.

Not a big wheat beer fan but this is excellent stuff. Perfect balance between fruit and the beer itself. 

Some of their products will be on offer at the Ayrshire Real Ale Festival next week.  

Edited by vikingTON