What Are You Drinking ?

Aldi are selling 500ml bottles of Spaten for £1.79. Tremendous value. No idea if it’s a permanent fixture or just for Oktoberfest because apparently they are selling the Paulaner Oktoberfest beer as well but I couldn’t see that when I went in. 
That is fantastic.

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Aldi are selling 500ml bottles of Spaten for £1.79. Tremendous value. No idea if it’s a permanent fixture or just for Oktoberfest because apparently they are selling the Paulaner Oktoberfest beer as well but I couldn’t see that when I went in. 

Spaten is my staple on the perfect draft so this is very welcome news. Shall pop to my nearest Aldi for a basketful tomorrow, assuming it's not already been wiped out, cheers for the heads up.

8 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Spaten is my staple on the perfect draft so this is very welcome news. Shall pop to my nearest Aldi for a basketful tomorrow, assuming it's not already been wiped out, cheers for the heads up.

Noting your username and assuming you live in Motherwell then that is also my nearest Aldi so keep us some! I got the last 2 in the Glasgow High St branch. Londis on Glassford St and the Day Today in Blantyre also do the Spaten kegs - the latter also having a decent selection of bottles. 

8 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Noting your username and assuming you live in Motherwell then that is also my nearest Aldi so keep us some! I got the last 2 in the Glasgow High St branch. Londis on Glassford St and the Day Today in Blantyre also do the Spaten kegs - the latter also having a decent selection of bottles. 

I actually moved years back and live behind enemy lines in ML6, so Airdrie is nearest for me which has the added bonus of having two branches so hoping I will be able to get a few bottles between the two of them. Use the day 2 day in Blantyre quite regularly for kegs as they are in that big walk in fridge and ready to go. Their world beer selection is pretty good, always come out of there a few quid over budget!!.

15 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
49 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not tried that one. Any good?

There's a lot of hops involved and that's not my preferred style, so I'll pass on that one. If that's your thing then it might be excellent. 

Anyone else here use the Untappd app? Good for keeping track of what you've had in the sense that you can see how your found a beer before (so if unsure would know if to buy or if not to buy).

Edited by DA Baracus