What Are You Drinking ?

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Which is the greatest of all draught beers. No maple syrup or burst of loganberry in sight.

When I got fed up of lager I tried all the old stuff I didn't like before. Light didn't impress me. It looks and smells good, but it's a bit...light and watery.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

When I got fed up of lager I tried all the old stuff I didn't like before. Light didn't impress me. It looks and smells good, but it's a bit...light and watery.

Refreshing though. A pint of light that marks the inside of the glass all the way down as it empties is class.

Stuff like 60 shilling/80 Shilling etc.

Auld man puddlemuck basically.
60' was light, 70' or 80' was heavy although 80' was a lot better. McEwan's 80 bob was a lovely pint in the right pub. 90 shilling I believe is pretty much McEwan's No.1 or Champion Ale and is also lovely.

I've never heard of anyone buying Heavy tops although I did start my beer drinking journey in pubs on lager tops.

Anyway, times change and I'm enjoying a really nice Street Life Pale Ale.7dc274cdd2df08f77732281fe77fde5d.jpg