What Are You Drinking ?

Nice. I will need to get up there soon but currently aff it after a heavy week....

Let me know how the Tonka stout is. Iv made two of them before. First one was a bit heavy on it, second was better. Tried the only commercial one I knew of last week (Brew York) and couldnt get the tonka at all. Its a tough wee b*****d to get right.

Will do. Had the Tonkoko and the Imperial Tonkoko in Brew York last summer, both excellent.

16 minutes ago, centralTon said:

IMG_6179.jpg
This was excellent. As it’s from Vault City it’s obviously a sour, but it’s quite subtle and the cherry and chocolate elements are definitely there.

I had that on draft in Sheffield a few weeks ago, fantastic stuff, Vault City are unrivalled at sours.

I've just cracked open this pilsner from Loch Lomond which was part of Lidl's festival. One of the best I've had from them.in a while.

20220805_214735.jpg

I had that on draft in Sheffield a few weeks ago, fantastic stuff, Vault City are unrivalled at sours.
I've just cracked open this pilsner from Loch Lomond which was part of Lidl's festival. One of the best I've had from them.in a while.
20220805_214735.thumb.jpg.698c26f6d748a2a49f0ee98d2b8a1853.jpg

Bought that on VT’s recommendation, thought it was really good.

Surprised but delighted to find out a new brewery (Otherworld Brewing) has opened up in Dalkeith (near me). Surprised as it has been on the go for a good few months and the first I heard of it was visiting this superb wee beer shop in Castle Douglas (nowhere near me) today!

I'll have to wait for these to chill to try them out.

This new brewery appears to be directly behind Cross Borders for those who know the area, which must mark it out as the greatest postcode in Scottish Brewing?

Now, must find a stockist somewhat closer to home, although I suspect the Eskbank Trading will have these in by now as well.

daa7d72f33381d4b5b74630faa4aca4f.jpg2ebc3cb13b10adf72379e02590296814.jpg

Last one of these from the Lidl haul, gutted to find out they don't have an online shop 🥲

20220806_192245.thumb.jpg.0cf29ada8dc7d62630b8832ca834d54f.jpg
Where do you stay?

DM the Facebook page of the brewery. Within a certain distance they deliver for free. If not in the radius, he will still come to an arrangement with you

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Where do you stay?

DM the Facebook page of the brewery. Within a certain distance they deliver for free. If not in the radius, he will still come to an arrangement with you

Much appreciated! I'm up in Aberdeen but will certainly look into it. Wish the likes of Lidl would take on more of these kinds of breweries as regulars.

12 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Much appreciated! I'm up in Aberdeen but will certainly look into it. Wish the likes of Lidl would take on more of these kinds of breweries as regulars.

Probably not worth it for Lidl, but maybe a more local shop could be persuaded?

Last one of these from the Lidl haul, gutted to find out they don't have an online shop 🥲

20220806_192245.thumb.jpg.0cf29ada8dc7d62630b8832ca834d54f.jpg

Hybrid is literally a 5 min walk from my house, unfortunately they don’t let you buy at the brewery, only online with delivery. Some very good beers and I think the Slopemeister Brewery bottle there as well.