What Are You Drinking ?

I’m sampling 0% alcohol beers and lager. Reason being, I suffered a nasty back injury a week past Thursday, and am on horse tranquiliser grade painkillers. Watching the Open golf, and now the women’s Euros with ten cushions propping me up in a semi-comfortable position while sipping a ‘beer’ is at least giving me the impression of normality.  I can report that Peroni zero percent was decent, San Miguel was a bit sweet tasting, Innis & Gunn was OK at first, but a bitter aftertaste let it down. Streets ahead though, and getting my thumbs up for cheering me up with its low-alcohol taste is Erdinger. Here endeth my zero percent review.

Hope to fcuk these horse tablets and the rest works…. Could murder a Sam Adams, or ten. 

3 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Made it to Lidl this morning. I don't think they had everything left, bit got 7 cans for £12. 71, Hybrid, Loch Lomond and Stewart. Looking forward to trying them. 

We'll here from you in about 10 minutes then.

Matilda Bay Brewery was probably the first craft brewery in Australia and did so well that they were partly, then fully taken over by CUB late 80’s/early 90’s. The original owners then started up Little Creatures Brewing, both now with Japanese owners. Matilda Bay (Asahi via CUB), Little Creature (Kirin via Lion Nathan). Matilda Bay brews as Matilda Bay at Healsville in the Yarra Valley, Victoria. Here endeth an Aussie brewing history lesson. This is a very good wheat beer and better than one of their earlier brews, Redback, probably the first Australian wheat beer.

3E7DF257-170A-4E8A-9F7C-AB84A7D95884.jpeg

On 22/07/2022 at 22:06, virginton said:

Standard for both breweries IMO. Hoping to pick up a decent selection in the dirty wee Port early next week. 

After smack talking Loch Lomond for their usual range of mediocrity, it's time to give credit where it's due. The Filmstar pilsner from that same Lidl range is tremendous - crisp and bitter like the great Pilsner Urquell itself. 

If they can turn that into a regular part of their range then it would give Schiehallion a run for its money in the outstanding Scottish lager category. 

Was in Tesco Falkirk earlier. The big one, so no excuses. Their selection of beer is utter fucking shite.

I see folk posting up here various interesting new and classic options they have picked up in various Tesco yet the Falkirk one is rows and rows of Brewdog, the usual cooking lagers and barely f**k all else.

I have some hazy pales from Vocation and Northern Monk for later, but very disappointing.