What Are You Drinking ?

Cantillon Kriek

20220504_175241.thumb.jpg.3d2065efe618882c5ba9ef0b6c9c227c.jpg

Very nice, has a complex taste balancing the sourness of the lambic with the fruit flavours of the cherries.

I'm not sure that it's worth the £9 that I paid for it though. It was purchased in Luvians in St Andrews if anybody gives a f**k.

2 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

Cantillon Kriek

20220504_175241.thumb.jpg.3d2065efe618882c5ba9ef0b6c9c227c.jpg

Very nice, has a complex taste balancing the sourness of the lambic with the fruit flavours of the cherries.

I'm not sure that it's worth the £9 that I paid for it though. It was purchased in Luvians in St Andrews if anybody gives a f**k.

Have done the Brewery tour in Brussels. I say tour, but they basically hand you a wee booklet and you wander around yourself. Meant to get 2 free drinks in the bar, but they gave us much more, plus there were Americans buying 20 Euro, 750ml bottles of various beers and passing they round the bar for the few of us to try.

32 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Have done the Brewery tour in Brussels. I say tour, but they basically hand you a wee booklet and you wander around yourself. Meant to get 2 free drinks in the bar, but they gave us much more, plus there were Americans buying 20 Euro, 750ml bottles of various beers and passing they round the bar for the few of us to 

I may look into that should I ever go back to Belgium.

I don't really like Brussels, Antwerp and Ghent are far cooler places IMO.

Edited by Paul Kersey

Llerige Altbier 

20220504_183645.thumb.jpg.55cf37766098a12fbda4a2058556c48d.jpg

Another purchase from Luvians. That shop is worth the trek for any serious beer guzzlers. That said though, I'm not particularly enjoying this. It's my first time drinking a Düsseldorf Altbier. The taste is slightly too strong.

1 hour ago, Ekhibee88 said:

This brand has come out nowhere. See i everywhere now.

Enjoyed for a change and have one more which I'll neck at the weekend.

I've heard it was popular in Spain but obviously there's been a deal with brewers/companies to promote it here.

Like most lagers it has to be really cold when opened. 

Anchor Steam Beer
20220505_155356.thumb.jpg.dec91d0194bf90f3592a589bee9911eb.jpg
A top quality beer this. Always goes down well.
FUN FACT: This is the beer that Bill Cosby drinks while driving an ambulance in 70s movie Mother, Jugs and Speed.
Where did you get it?

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:
Anchor Steam Beer
FUN FACT: This is the beer that Bill Cosby drinks while driving an ambulance in 70s movie Mother, Jugs and Speed.

Where did you get it?

Luvians in St Andrews. I was hoping to buy some Anchor Porter too, which is a cut above most stouts or porters, but they didn't have any.

1 hour ago, Paul Kersey said:

Anchor Steam Beer

That is a nice beer, The Belle on Great Western Road in Glasgow used to have it on Draught, always popped in for a couple if I was in the area.

Anchor Steam Beer
Lovely beer. I pine for the days my local Asda stocked it but they've not had it in a while now.

On 04/05/2022 at 19:42, Paul Kersey said:

Llerige Altbier 

20220504_183645.thumb.jpg.55cf37766098a12fbda4a2058556c48d.jpg

Another purchase from Luvians. That shop is worth the trek for any serious beer guzzlers. That said though, I'm not particularly enjoying this. It's my first time drinking a Düsseldorf Altbier. The taste is slightly too strong.

Best getting Schumachers if you can. Not sure how well it travels mind.

24 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Best getting Schumachers if you can. Not sure how well it travels mind.

I'll keep that in mind. I don't think that I've seen any other Altbier across here before. It's mostly just Bavarian Helles and Dunkelbier types in my local shops.

16 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Anchor Steam Beer

It's also the beer that Harry Bosch always picks up after a hard shift in the Michael Connolly books.

Officially on annual leave now. Finished work 90 minutes before Mrs The Hunter so took myself to Mozza at Silverburn for lunch. Thought I'd get a wee half pint to go with my lunch. Angela Poretti is a palatable wee lager. Probably on a par with Peroni and Moretti in the Italian lager stakes.

20220506_135505.jpg

8 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Officially on annual leave now. Finished work 90 minutes before Mrs The Hunter so took myself to Mozza at Silverburn for lunch. Thought I'd get a wee half pint to go with my lunch. Angela Poretti is a palatable wee lager. Probably on a par with Peroni and Moretti in the Italian lager stakes.

20220506_135505.jpg

You didn't take the toaster?