What Are You Drinking ?

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Picked this up in Tesco just for something different, and that's me instantly converted from Guinness on the Irish stout front.  

2019555604_PXL_20220109_1915158932.thumb.jpg.ab8c2e452f2956f2e13d626e72e15a41.jpg

Had the intention of showing a nicely poured pint, but it was too tasty.

I’ve been to Cork quite a few times in my job (past 2 years aside) and down there, they aren’t called the “Rebel County” for nothing. The locals dislike most outsiders, particularly Dubliners lol. The Murphy’s is the local stout and the drink of choice in the city and in the wider county. You’ll still see Guinness but that’ll be for tourists mainly. 

It is a lovely drink and I could fair go a pint of Murphy’s now. 

11 minutes ago, deegee said:

I’ve been to Cork quite a few times in my job (past 2 years aside) and down there, they aren’t called the “Rebel County” for nothing. The locals dislike most outsiders, particularly Dubliners lol. The Murphy’s is the local stout and the drink of choice in the city and in the wider county. You’ll still see Guinness but that’ll be for tourists mainly. 

It is a lovely drink and I could fair go a pint of Murphy’s now. 

I just dropped a random streetview point in the middle of Cork, and this is the first thing I saw.  :lol:

image.png.475306dfed75ff1e59f77fae289f0fb6.png 

The main tourist bar with live music nightly is the Oliver Plunkett.  Used to smile at British tourists happily clapping along to the bands, as according to a local girl I spoke to one night, the bands will be back across in the Northside bars after their gig playing the uncensored version of the same family- friendly “Rebel Songs” lol.

Anyway, there’s not a lot better than a night in Cork with a few Murphy’s and a big plate of Irish Stew.

IMG_5322.thumb.jpg.b715fad1961edb3cddb635ab9cb37ac5.jpg
Excellent Imperial Stout from Spey Valley and a bargain at £1.99 from Lidl.
Just bought what looked to be the last bottle in my local Lidl on my way home from work- looking forward to trying it. Enjoying a bottle of Orkney's Puffin which I picked up at the same time. Very nice with a spicy aftertaste. f94c6800ade41ba806d1ea254ccf30e5.jpg