What Are You Drinking ?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ah yeah it doesnt appeat on Brewfather, 2 packs of CML Hell. CML are proper good guys of the brewing retail world IMO

Yeah and even nicer that they are Scottish based. They’ve been my go to for yeasts in recent years. As good as anything from Whitelabs or Wyeast imo.

19 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Yeah and even nicer that they are Scottish based. They’ve been my go to for yeasts in recent years. As good as anything from Whitelabs or Wyeast imo.

Aye, although todays brew is an exception, hefewiezen with Wyeast 3068. I cant see past it for the style tbh. 

Moving on to a Daddie’s Brown Ale, an English Brown Ale named after the sauce. Says it’s tank fresh, didn’t say it was almost headless. Has a good taste though. This one is 5.6% the draught was 4.7%. Will be back as they have quite a few more to try. 

CEC66DE0-46B8-4DE8-B5BE-36BBECB87024.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Yeah, still fairly bang on in the wee cans although tonight I preferred my can of Tyskie to follow. A Beer 52 bottle of Buro Pils from German brewer Naturtrub is spot on also.47c12581b9961f0e0e738bafbfb72139.jpg

Nice beer that. Had a couple of their other beers before as well. They seem to be one of the favourites of Beer52. Buro's the name of the brewery though. I think Naturtrub is German for naturally cloudy or hazy.

Cheers! I wondered if I had it the wrong way round. German's not my strong point.
Aye Naturtrub just means the sediment in the bottle. Trub (pronounced troob) is the German term for all the shite left in the kettle/fermenter (powdery proteins, hops etc). Normally filtered/fined out but in some styles (like hefeweizen for the perfect example) you want it to carry through as it contains the flavour of the yeast.

Anythimg bottle conditioned, like the one I sent you, has a layer that I suppose you might call trub. Its basiaccly just yeast tho.