What Are You Drinking ?

16 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Supposedly a West Coast double IPA, but looks and tastes more like a stout. Not bad, just not what I was expecting. 

20211017_205227.jpg

That seems odd. Maybe they messed up somewhere during the canning/labelling process? Hard to imagine an attempt at either of those styles tasting like the other?

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Does anyone else use the app "untapped"? Got introduced to it a couple of weeks ago and it's a pretty decent way to keep a record of what beers you've tried and rate them. 

I downloaded untappd recently and when I tried to join it said my username/email was already registered. I tried to login with my usual user name/email/password combo and it turns out I'd set up an account a few years before, presumably while drunk . I'd reviewed 2 beers, Tennents and Tennents Super. Both received 5/5

31 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Anyone invested in the Perfect Draft machine?

With 'black Friday' a few weeks away, wondering if it's worth keeping an eye out for a deal or if it's all a bit gimmicky?

Yep, it's brilliant but dangerous. Far too easy to pour a pint way earlier than I would ever head to the beer fridge. 🍺

Yep, it's brilliant but dangerous. Far too easy to pour a pint way earlier than I would ever head to the beer fridge. [emoji481]
This is precisely why I dont have one. I know loads of folk who do, they get exclusively rave reviews, and you get Tennents. I pretty much cant have one if I want to live.

Just ordered a couple of kegs of Jupiler and a Tennents. The 15pdkt discount code still works for 3 kegs rather than the standard 10% off 3 and 15% off 6 that they advertise. With my returns/beer tokens and the code they came to a grand total of £10.37. Roll on Friday 🍻🍻🍻

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, not what I am drinking, but what I will be drinking in a few days time once the co2 has done its work.....

Marzen/Festbier. 6.2%

20211020_123933.jpg

An all grain effort? What’s your recipe if so?

Have tried a few Vienna’s in the past and can never get these kind of styles quite right.