What Are You Drinking ?

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Count me in, would love to try it!

Next one up for me tonight is one of Loch Lomon's tenth anniversary beers, an imperial sour brewed in collaboration with Alpha Delta. It's outstanding, best beer I've had from them, and their quality is generally very high.

20210814_194053.jpg

Presuming you're talking about LL then this does not match up with some of their supermarket production beers, which have been mediocre in my experience. Which beers would you recommend looking out for? 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Presuming you're talking about LL then this does not match up with some of their supermarket production beers, which have been mediocre in my experience. Which beers would you recommend looking out for? 

Their supermarket stuff isn't their best, I'll give you that. Safesurfer was one of the best lagers I've had in a while, Oompah Lupulin was really good, and I've always been partial to Southern Summit. They're really local to me, so I may be a bit sentimental about them. But they do seem to have taken it up a notch for their anniversary. By far the best I've had from them and I'll be seeking out others from the series.

Next up.is a NZ Pale from Freedom. Bang average.

20210814_205806.jpg

Edited by Craig the Hunter

Tryst Brewing Brockville pale now. To be followed with Tegernseer and Augustiner. Some god tier beers there.

Bottled a load of Elderflower pale today too. Tastes decent straight from the fermentor so hopefully turn out a nice, easy drinking ale.

Reckon I could give a couple away in exchange for honest review, so in the spirit of generosity and fraternity, the first 2 to say so on the thread can get one sent to them once they are fizzed up.
Did anyone other than Craig The Hunter take you up on your generous offer? If not, I'd certainly be up for it.

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:
21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Tryst Brewing Brockville pale now. To be followed with Tegernseer and Augustiner. Some god tier beers there.

Bottled a load of Elderflower pale today too. Tastes decent straight from the fermentor so hopefully turn out a nice, easy drinking ale.

Reckon I could give a couple away in exchange for honest review, so in the spirit of generosity and fraternity, the first 2 to say so on the thread can get one sent to them once they are fizzed up.

Did anyone other than Craig The Hunter take you up on your generous offer? If not, I'd certainly be up for it.

McSquackle is in. PM me your details, I will keep both of you posted when they are.... well.... posted. 

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

A sample of my blueberry mead at the second re-racking stage, sitting at about 6%. Had a lovely afternoon in the forest picking the fuckers and it's nice to turn them into something even tastier. IMG_20210815_204154.jpeg

Do you live in a crack den?

Islay is best know for it's whisky, but apparently they do pretty good beers too.
20210815_200145.thumb.jpg.438ae88795345530b3cbddae7077641b.jpg
Excellent choice! Best sampled with lunch on the Calmac ferry on the way to Islay, because some traditions must be upheld. (Admittedly the time I got the 7:30am ferry across I was less bothered about tradition!)

Their Big Strand lager is easily drinkable also.

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing IPA.

Alright but the IPA's haven't been cutting it for me tonight. Elemental Porter from Tempest hit the spot though. 20210815_215716.jpg20210815_232816.jpg

You're going to get rings on that cabinet surface.

Bitburger next.

20210820_164031.thumb.jpg.6041e0b56087540353b41af057c9a6e1.jpg

I've had this on draft when I was on holiday in Germany but I've never seen it over here before. It's a standard lager/Pilsner but to a very high standard.

I'd say it's nicer than the likes of Beck's or Holstein Pils. I'm kinda surprised that you don't see it over here more often.