What Are You Drinking ?

Aldi appear to have ordered about 500 of each variety and gormlessly looked on as they ran out; all of the dark beers were gone by yesterday evening here. Tried the Loch Lomond Galacticus 'milkshake IPA' but like most of their range it was non-descript. Generic IPA is generic IPA.

Got a couple of bottles of the Raspberry Carronade which is nice though not quite as tart as I remember from before and quite aggressively fizzy. 

19 minutes ago, virginton said:

Aldi appear to have ordered about 500 of each variety and gormlessly looked on as they ran out; all of the dark beers were gone by yesterday evening here. Tried the Loch Lomond Galacticus 'milkshake IPA' but like most of their range it was non-descript. Generic IPA is generic IPA.

Got a couple of bottles of the Raspberry Carronade which is nice though not quite as tart as I remember from before and quite aggressively fizzy. 

Was very disappointed with the carronade. A bit bland TBH.

Well if the Greenock Aldi is anything to go by, the reason for that could lie in the roasting hot, useless mini shop lights that they have right next to stock that should be kept cool at all times. 

Absolute amateur hour stuff. 

Fairly decent citrus IPA from Stewart. Heavy on the grapefruit, which makes it pleasantly bitter.
20210501_224139.thumb.jpg.af89c0b1f7e308a1a9817e6e95c3a6de.jpg
I had that lastnight and was impressed by how much lemony flavour they got into it. You didnt happen to check the ingredients? I had meant to go back and see if they had put any actual fruit in it or if its all from the hops

11 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

When I see a beer called Juice Springsteen, I have to buy it. Pretty good, very tropical, but a bit light.

Bought from Ellie's Cellar in Helensburgh, cracking wee shop for anyone in the area, they had a really good selection. 

20210501_212634.jpg

There is a Moose Springsteen as well. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
13 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:
Fairly decent citrus IPA from Stewart. Heavy on the grapefruit, which makes it pleasantly bitter.
20210501_224139.thumb.jpg.af89c0b1f7e308a1a9817e6e95c3a6de.jpg

I had that lastnight and was impressed by how much lemony flavour they got into it. You didnt happen to check the ingredients? I had meant to go back and see if they had put any actual fruit in it or if its all from the hops

Yeah, it said on the can it had grapefruit and orange zest in it. Could definitely taste it. 

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

There is a Moose Springsteen as well. 

There's also a Juice Forsyth.

I've managed to acquire 26 of the 30 Aldi beers from their Auldhouse store. Will need to be a bit more adventurous to complete the collection by the looks of things.

There's also a Juice Forsyth.

I've managed to acquire 26 of the 30 Aldi beers from their Auldhouse store. Will need to be a bit more adventurous to complete the collection by the looks of things.
What do you need for your collection? I'm heading through Carluke shortly, heading way of Aldi (although expecting their shelves to have been ransacked). I can tip you off!

Just now, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

What do you need for your collection? I'm heading through Carluke shortly, heading way of Aldi (although expecting their shelves to have been ransacked). I can tip you off!

3x Barney's and 1x Fierce Split Shift 👯‍♂️