What Are You Drinking ?

Fierce Blackberry tart....

Its.... Nice enough I suppose. I dont think im having that this is beer though. The kettle souring gives it a dryness that takes it even closer to cider than the fruit flavours already do. Not a bad drink, if you handed me it and said try this blackberry cider id have reviewd it in much the same way.

I've avoided stouts since I hated a pint of Guinness when I was about 17. It's taken me nearly 20 years to try another one, and decided to go for it since a lot of them are so highly regarded. 

So for my first stout in decades, I'm pretty pleased. Chocolate  coffee and peanut butter are three of my favourite things and you can definitely taste all three. I think they'll be an occasional dalliance, but I'm pretty sold on stout if this is the benchmark.

20210430_193548.jpg

I've avoided stouts since I hated a pint of Guinness when I was about 17. It's taken me nearly 20 years to try another one, and decided to go for it since a lot of them are so highly regarded. 
So for my first stout in decades, I'm pretty pleased. Chocolate  coffee and peanut butter are three of my favourite things and you can definitely taste all three. I think they'll be an occasional dalliance, but I'm pretty sold on stout if this is the benchmark.
20210430_193548.thumb.jpg.44a5da65fd8855bba2bd377f2cb7a3f2.jpg
The number of mental flavoured ones out there means you will never be bored. A lot of them are very sweet and as such, are pretty much one at a time jobs. Enjoyable in small doses though

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Iv just drank a 1 year old bitter, brewed by a very interesting brewer I met last week. One of the Medical Directors of NHS Scotland emoji23.png Mental the folk you can meet over a hobby.

Anyway, it was a 330ml bottle, but its 9% and im steaming. Heartily recommend homemade alcohol for a direct hit on your brain stem.

Agreed. On my own IPA right now.  Calculated it at 6.6 % but it tastes stronger.  Third bottle and definitely feeling it.

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

20210430_193548.jpg

Looks nice, where'd ye get that?

Am on the Tennents and Jim Beam the night.

Barneys Marshmallow Milk Stout now.

First sip I got all the marshmallow, toasty sweetness, but its been taken over by alcohol. I actually had to get up and go check the bottle for the abv. 7.4 I wouldn't say it disguises it well, which a stout loaded with lactose should do tbh.

Its decent. The advertised flavours are faint though. Going to let it warm up a bit, think it maybe is a bit cold for a stout.

4 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

20210430_193548.jpg

I'd want to dip an Oreo in that.

Fierce Blackberry tart....

Its.... Nice enough I suppose. I dont think im having that this is beer though. The kettle souring gives it a dryness that takes it even closer to cider than the fruit flavours already do. Not a bad drink, if you handed me it and said try this blackberry cider id have reviewd it in much the same way.
I felt much the same about the Roisin from Williams Bros, really enjoyed it but flavour wise was more like a fruit cider than a beer. Although might need to pick up a couple more just to double check the taste!

This pretty outstanding from Overtone. Eton mess inspired sour. Tart, sweet, delicious. They can do no wrong right now.
20210430_214231.thumb.jpg.4975e80d86a4c74926bba763025ef094.jpg

love overtone. not tried this yet. they are expensive but i’d rather have quality than a crate of T or suchlike