What Are You Drinking ?

I love the levels of unconscious arsebaggery you encounter in some bottle shops. I'm just back from doing the rounds of the South Side and overheard the following in respect of some hazy IPA...I missed the name of the actual beer unfortunately:

"Yeah, it's really funky tasting...it's got something on the finish that's a bit reminiscent of urinal cakes..."

Which raises the question of outside of the odd wee daftie who did it as a teenage dare who actually knows what urinal cakes taste like?

I love the levels of unconscious arsebaggery you encounter in some bottle shops. I'm just back from doing the rounds of the South Side and overheard the following in respect of some hazy IPA...I missed the name of the actual beer unfortunately:
"Yeah, it's really funky tasting...it's got something on the finish that's a bit reminiscent of urinal cakes..."
Which raises the question of outside of the odd wee daftie who did it as a teenage dare who actually knows what urinal cakes taste like?
Did these dares involve tasting them before or after the cakes had been in the urinal?

Anyway, enjoying Luminous Lights from 71 Brewing Co - one of my regular favourites from Lidl. JPEG_20210410_213922_722176228725914176.jpg

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Did these dares involve tasting them before or after the cakes had been in the urinal?

Anyway, enjoying Luminous Lights from 71 Brewing Co - one of my regular favourites from Lidl. JPEG_20210410_213922_722176228725914176.jpg

I wish I'd caught the name of the beer they were talking about so I'd know to avoid it...worst of it was the first guy seemed to be actually recommending it to the second.

Luminous Lights is decent...all the things 71 have done so far for Lidl are, although I've not seen the pina colada one they did for them for a while...hope it's not been discontinued.

28 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I wish I'd caught the name of the beer they were talking about so I'd know to avoid it...worst of it was the first guy seemed to be actually recommending it to the second.

Luminous Lights is decent...all the things 71 have done so far for Lidl are, although I've not seen the pina colada one they did for them for a while...hope it's not been discontinued.

Taroccos Modern Life was my favourite 71 did for Lidl. Outstanding blood orange sour, but I think it was a limited edition.

On 31/03/2021 at 20:13, Iminavest said:

Picked up a few in Aldi at the weekend. Peach is nice enough but the blood orange is absolutely tremendous stuff!

20210326_152125.jpg

Tried the blood orange yesterday off the back of this recommendation: it's a wee bit too bitter for my taste as a regular can (fans of Aperol Spritz etc. would enjoy it) but for the price and ABV it's well worth a go.

I'm usually sceptical of made for supermarket products but they haven't let standards slip with that one.