What Are You Drinking ?

London Beer Company - 'Zia' Tiramisu Imperial Pastry Stout. A pretty tasty beer and smooth for a 9% plus imperial stout, but like a lot of pastry stouts the sweetness would divide opinions. Worth seeking out in its own right (bigger Tescos stock it for £3/440ml can or something), but Vocation's Imperial Kirsch Stout is still a good couple of levels above this.

12 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Going to bed now but a nice range of well known beers tonight with a couple of Belgian beers from my Beer 52 delivery. The Kveik was an alright IPA but I didn't expect the Belgian Dubbel to be a stout (probably my lack of Flemish) but it was magnificent.

20210403_010545.thumb.jpg.a08f4946682fcbfb4ee1eab4af44090d.jpg

How was the Anchor Steam? Harry Bosch's favourite iirc.

Belgian Cherry Wheat Beer from M&S

20210403_154157.thumb.jpg.645db2e7f3f5220460d7d9950f29abe3.jpg

It's quite nice, although slightly too sweet. I quite like a proper lambic kreik, where the sour taste of the lambic contrasts with the fruit flavour of the cherries. This doesn't have that, it's just unrelenting sweetness. It's a fairly refreshing drink for a warm sunny day, but I couldn't drink more than a couple.

How was the Anchor Steam? Harry Bosch's favourite iirc.
I like it and yes, I did recognise the name from the books! I've had a few before from my local Asda (much to the surprise of someone on here- I think it was Bairnardo). Reminds me a wee bit of Brooklyn lager in that it's more of an ale taste than a lager.

I like it and yes, I did recognise the name from the books! I've had a few before from my local Asda (much to the surprise of someone on here- I think it was Bairnardo). Reminds me a wee bit of Brooklyn lager in that it's more of an ale taste than a lager.
Still unable to find it

51 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

A new Flavourly Ale selection. First one up a session IPA from one of their collaborations. Bitter almost English hand pump ale style rather than classic IPA but none the worse for it in the Ayrshire sun coupled with the after glow of a thumping Buddies win.20210403_170116.jpeg

Greeny for the glass.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Greeny for the glass.
Got it in a wee Christmas pack from Stewart a couple of years ago, perfect for a 330ml can / bottle. I have a good selection of plastic pint branded glasses but it's difficult to get a nice small plastic reusable glass for outside. Once the proper garden drinking season starts I won't risk the Stewart glass.

Will have to agree to disagree on that one. I found it bizarrely over-carbonated, like a cherryade shandy that didn't go down comfortably at all. It wasn't too sweet but without any sour or complex dark flavours it was one-dimensional.

Not a patch on Bacchus kriek never mind the God-level cherry beers within Belgium itself - or indeed the Vocation Kirsch imperial stout, the solution to all of life's problems.