What Are You Drinking ?

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

where about in dundee is this shop? cheers

Like Mr Alli says, it's in the industrial units just off Blackness Road, along from the 24 hr bakery. They have a decent selection of German and Belgian beers and quite a few Scottish craft beers.

55 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Did they ever sell Coopers Sparking Ale anywhere?

Aitken's Wine shop in Dundee used to sell that. It was really nice.

10 minutes ago, Ylf said:

IMG_1617384540.104700.jpg cracking shop. has decent beers. the woman who works in it will get in any drinks you want

Cheers. I've never been. I'll have to check it out.

There's a few wee shops in Dundee that sell interesting beers. The Cheesery on Exchange Street stocks a few, as does Fraser's  fruit/veg shop on Perth Road and the Butcher shop mentioned above. 71 Brewing's Taproom has a good choice too, though it's not exactly cheap.

I'm always on the lookout for more. If you know any others, get 'em listed.

It's my birthday, it's a bank holiday and the sun was out. So I've had a few Hobgoblin Gold, a few Stellas and a couple of Hazy Jane outside earlier and I've now moved on to my latest Overtone. It's an unusual one for them, being a West Coast IPA, but it's of the same quality as the rest of their output. Gloriously earthy and piney, and you can really taste the 8.5% (in a good way). Overtone can do no wrong for me.

20210402_205847.jpg