What Are You Drinking ?

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bruntsfield/Morningside has a frankly ridiculous number of coffee shops/cafes. Arguably too many tbh, and ideally some better pubs replacing a few would be ideal.

Aye struggling to think of many pubs around there I like. Bennett's is alright I think but only been in once or twice. I know some people like it but I wouldn't be sad if the Canny Man's got nuked tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye struggling to think of many pubs around there I like. Bennett's is alright I think but only been in once or twice. I know some people like it but I wouldn't be sad if the Canny Man's got nuked tomorrow 

All very different places but I would happily drink in Bennett’s, Canny Man, Ball Room, Hermitage, McLaren’s, Black Ivy. Canny Man is a weird one, but the whisky selection isn’t to be sniffed at.

Overall though if I was going out for a proper drink rather than just a quick one or two then I’d be heading into town.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just sampled my latest pale ale, just entering the carbing phase. Sat it on the counter and immediately thought of your numerous opaque beers

20210326_121252.jpeg

Let me know how it turns out, looks like my kinda gear! I wish I had the space for home brewing, would love to give it a go

Won't be consuming this soon, but do any of the drinking experts on here remember this? I've had this unopened bottle for years.

TSB.thumb.jpg.3af584fcc2c2ae15b126e6603293f6a7.jpg

You'll struggle to find out much about it on the internet, and when I contacted the Tennent's Visitor Centre about it, they seemed a bit puzzled. Think it's from the 'seventies, and the bottle size, 92/fl oz, is equivalent to 285 ml. 

Think it's the forerunner of Tennent's Super Lager.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/super-tennents-special-brew-scotland-137283176

Estrella Damm here just now.
Just done a quick shop in Morrisons, crate of Coors and Tennents and a couple of bottle of Keo, Singha, Staropramen and Henry Weston Cider.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bruntsfield/Morningside has a frankly ridiculous number of coffee shops/cafes. Arguably too many tbh, and ideally some better pubs replacing a few would be ideal.

On my pre-lockdown visits to the area, they were all always mobbed, so the demand seems to be there.

Vault City pear drop - which is great  as it tastes almost exactly like the old-school sweeties. It's down as a session sour, but in common with most sours it's acidic enough that  I just couldn't envisage being on it the whole night without a f**k of a case of heartburn.

Vault City - Pear Drop Session Sour - Wee Beer Shop

Vault City pear drop - which is great  as it tastes almost exactly like the old-school sweeties. It's down as a session sour, but in common with most sours it's acidic enough that  I just couldn't envisage being on it the whole night without a f**k of a case of heartburn.
d939fc594f94e5c073cccadf81a559e207085a2e.jpeg&key=5a6ff36a08889f6f8883738a7687f02588cf9c2865f6066fbd43c1532130b072

I’m bloody fuming I missed out on their Irn Bru one.

7 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Vault City - Pear Drop Session Sour - Wee Beer Shop

Do you live in the Wee Beer Shop? If so, PM me.

5 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Let me know how it turns out, looks like my kinda gear! I wish I had the space for home brewing, would love to give it a go

I've just started and I'm in a 2 bed flat.  I have only done kits so far, it will probably take more space if you are doing the mash yourself.  I don't know your living arrangements but if you are organised it doesn't take that much space.

5 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

If you stay in fife I could give you most of the kit if you fancy it, I tried it once and didn't really have the knack for it

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

A few different beers and finished off an Old Pulteney 12yo tonight. Loving the Hopo and a nice smooth peppery taste to the Midnight Sun.

20210327_001103.thumb.jpg.3ff7dc034299c113452467af453ab07a.jpg20210327_002500.thumb.jpg.5cee2d1e9ae537362db1f272991f2e68.jpg

The Broughton 6.2 IPA is my no.1. Had six tonight, because I only had six.

Edited by Quiet Riot