What Are You Drinking ?

14 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Good shout. Looks to be a case of cancelling after you receive the box and before 2nd of May.

£3.95 for 8 beers - can't grumble!

19 minutes ago, Duszek said:

"Moray brewer WooHa goes into administration"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-56536432

Were their beers any good? Don't recall seeing any being drunk on here, which may answer my question.

I had one of theirs once. It was very very forgettable.

On 12/03/2021 at 11:12, 8MileBU said:

Loves at Stenny had a superb selection last I was in (albeit before Christmas).  

Popped in today as I was working in Kinnaird and bought...

2 x ABK - Hefeweizen,

2 x ABK - Dunkel,

2 x Rodenbach Grand Cru,

2 x Spaten.

Decent selection and if anyone is in the area, the shop at the top of Westquarter has a pretty good German selection too.

24 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Popped in today as I was working in Kinnaird and bought...

2 x ABK - Hefeweizen,

2 x ABK - Dunkel,

2 x Rodenbach Grand Cru,

2 x Spaten.

Decent selection and if anyone is in the area, the shop at the top of Westquarter has a pretty good German selection too.

Nice one mate. Haven’t been in for ages but might need to pop along pick up a few. ‘Tis the weekend and all that.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

McDonalds coffee. Its shite.

I would drink McDonalds coffee before either Costa or Starbucks. Not a high benchmark, and I wouldn’t really drink coffee from McDonalds either but when looking at chains it’s actually better than most. Nero is reasonably decent.

One thing I love about living in a city is that I’ve got genuinely about 100 coffee shops that are all miles ahead of chains within a 10 min walk of my home.

21 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I would drink McDonalds coffee before either Costa or Starbucks. Not a high benchmark, and I wouldn’t really drink coffee from McDonalds either but when looking at chains it’s actually better than most. Nero is reasonably decent.

One thing I love about living in a city is that I’ve got genuinely about 100 coffee shops that are all miles ahead of chains within a 10 min walk of my home.

Honestly I always thought that McDonalds coffee had a reputation for being a lot cheaper and every bit as good as those places. Something must have changed because this was shite. It looked and tasted like instant. 

My usual wee place I like to get a coffee from was rammed so I elected not to go there, wont make that mistake again. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly I always thought that McDonalds coffee had a reputation for being a lot cheaper and every bit as good as those places. Something must have changed because this was shite. It looked and tasted like instant. 

My usual wee place I like to get a coffee from was rammed so I elected not to go there, wont make that mistake again. 

I haven’t had a McDonalds coffee in ages tbf, but Starbucks and Costa are so bad that I’d still assume it’s better.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You're in Leith as well are you not? If so, what's your favourite coffee place around here?

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

all huge subjective of course but Costa by far is the worst coffee there is. Starbucks, Greggs and McDonalds are all drinkable but no where near the bitter piss that Costa offers. As far as chains goes, and I tend to just go for their filters/blended stuff, the best in my humble opinion is the Pret filter at a v reasonable 99p. Closely followed by Dunkin Donuts filter where I stumble across one on my travels.