What Are You Drinking ?

Black Isle Brewery farmhouse spelt lager. A 5.8% beast of grassy and sweet flavours. Although I had a doughnut for my pudding just before opening the can so that may explain the sweetness.

Quite enjoyable. I procured a box of their magic in February and they sent me a cute wee glass too. Bless them.

IMG_20210318_214115.jpeg

1 minute ago, Iminavest said:

Being off this week, grabbed 4 of these for something a bit different. 

Absolutely going to become a regular purchase.

20210318_213457.jpg

They're decent for the Belgians you can get in supermarkets, the Brune is better, but if you like that try Westmalle, Duvel, Vedett, Hoegarrden. If you want tremendous Belgians try, De Garre, Gulden Draak, Kasteel, St. Barnardus, Orval and particularly Trappist Rocheforte 10.

35 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Pretty much bought this one because the name and can gave me major computer game nostalgia. Glad I went for it. It's a very good West Coast IPA from Elusive. Bitter, a bit sweet, enjoyable.

20210319_205013.jpg

Can you taste the dysentery?

Going through the Beer 52 Belgian box this month - because if they somehow manage to make a c**t of their Belgium range then the game's a bogey. Needless to say they've still found a way to shoehorn in a couple of non-descript IPAs into the box (:lol:) but there is actually a decent enough range. The 'Belgian pilsner' can was a worthy cousin of the real thing. 

Aforementioned non-descript IPA lurking in the foreground on the Clyde Riviera earlier today.

IMG_20210319_175513.thumb.jpg.78ad2ec6a2ec1b9181cc101272f46a42.jpg

On 18/03/2021 at 21:55, centralTon said:

They're decent for the Belgians you can get in supermarkets, the Brune is better, but if you like that try Westmalle, Duvel, Vedett, Hoegarrden. If you want tremendous Belgians try, De Garre, Gulden Draak, Kasteel, St. Barnardus, Orval and particularly Trappist Rocheforte 10.

I'm a big fan of some of the Belgian Lambic beers, like Lindemans Gueuze.

It's pretty sour, so it won't be to everyone's taste. I don't know of many places that sell it in Scotland. Last time I had it was in a Brewdog pub.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Going through the Beer 52 Belgian box this month - because if they somehow manage to make a c**t of their Belgium range then the game's a bogey. Needless to say they've still found a way to shoehorn in a couple of non-descript IPAs into the box (:lol:) but there is actually a decent enough range. The 'Belgian pilsner' can was a worthy cousin of the real thing. 

Aforementioned non-descript IPA lurking in the foreground on the Clyde Riviera earlier today.

IMG_20210319_175513.thumb.jpg.78ad2ec6a2ec1b9181cc101272f46a42.jpg

Phenomenal scenery there.

5 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'm a big fan of some of the Belgian Lambic beers, like Lindemans Gueuze.

It's pretty sour, so it won't be to everyone's taste. I don't know of many places that sell it in Scotland. Last time I had it was in a Brewdog pub.

Aye, quite partial to a Gueuze/Lambic now and again. Went to the Cantillon Brewery in Brussels a few years ago and really enjoyed the experience, 7 euros for the tour and 2 drinks at the end was decent value for money considering it's £7.50 for a 330ml bottle of Cantillon Kreik in the Bow Bar in Edinburgh. 

22 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Aye, quite partial to a Gueuze/Lambic now and again. Went to the Cantillon Brewery in Brussels a few years ago and really enjoyed the experience, 7 euros for the tour and 2 drinks at the end was decent value for money considering it's £7.50 for a 330ml bottle of Cantillon Kreik in the Bow Bar in Edinburgh. 

It's not cheap. 6dn are selling  Boon at £70 for 12 bottles. f**k that.

https://www.sixdnorth.co.uk