What Are You Drinking ?

18 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I was drinking this tonight also, very good. Would be excellent on a summer’s day at a barbecue.

I'm just about to start off on yet another of their new ones...fair enough, a lot of what they stick out is VERY similar to each other, but fake nothing away from them...they seem to have fired out about two new beers a week all the way through the current situation.

suave-440ml-176434_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=16

This might be the last Kolsch I have left to try. Rats Kolsch. Very, very tasty.
155502251_1069271130231502_6900430266087824578_n.thumb.jpg.fd9f9de84b9e648928ff03e19ec695b9.jpg
Despite the slogan, all sensible people know Budweiser is only acceptable when it's either offered gratis or the only bevvy available, therefore I declare kölsch to be the true King of Beers.

29 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I'm just about to start off on yet another of their new ones...fair enough, a lot of what they stick out is VERY similar to each other, but fake nothing away from them...they seem to have fired out about two new beers a week all the way through the current situation.

suave-440ml-176434_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=16

Probably has to go down as good marketing. Folk probably wouldn't keep on going back to buy the same 4 quid cans of IPA again and again, but folk like to try wee assortments of new stuff so it probably keeps folk going back to Overtone on the hunt for new stuff

There's only so many changes you can make to IPA/NEIPA.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Probably has to go down as good marketing. Folk probably wouldn't keep on going back to buy the same 4 quid cans of IPA again and again, but folk like to try wee assortments of new stuff so it probably keeps folk going back to Overtone on the hunt for new stuff

There's only so many changes you can make to IPA/NEIPA.

I think that's probably it - their stuff is virtually never a disappointment, but it's a case of either my palate not being educated enough to discern the subtle variations between them, or them churning out what are essentially miniscule variations on three or four base recipes in different brightly coloured cans!

Just now, Hillonearth said:

I think that's probably it - their stuff is virtually never a disappointment, but it's a case of either my palate not being educated enough to discern the subtle variations between them, or them churning out what are essentially miniscule variations on three or four base recipes in different brightly coloured cans!

The bottom line is they are shit hot at it and everyone gets what they want. Christ knows how you are meant to remember which ones yer favourite though.... I could swear I've seen @Craig the Hunter Tassimo machine with at least 35 Overtone NEIPAs in front of it:lol:

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The bottom line is they are shit hot at it and everyone gets what they want. Christ knows how you are meant to remember which ones yer favourite though.... I could swear I've seen @Craig the Hunter Tassimo machine with at least 35 Overtone NEIPAs in front of it:lol:

And I've got another one in the fridge for later 🤣🤣

59 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Do they print the hop bill on the cans? There’s a million and one hazy hypebeast efforts here, but I do know that I’ll avoid anything with Nelson sauvin: it has a grapey note that I don’t like, and some folks don’t like sabro because it’s got a coconut thing going on. 

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Do they print the hop bill on the cans? There’s a million and one hazy hypebeast efforts here, but I do know that I’ll avoid anything with Nelson sauvin: it has a grapey note that I don’t like, and some folks don’t like sabro because it’s got a coconut thing going on. 

I have never managed to find an example of Sabro in any shops. Probably have to order online. Want to try it but haven't had the balls to knock out a 5 gallon batch with it in case its shite.

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Yeah, they do...that particular one had BRU-1, citra and yep...Nelson sauvin!

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I have never managed to find an example of Sabro in any shops. Probably have to order online. Want to try it but haven't had the balls to knock out a 5 gallon batch with it in case its shite.

Overtone have a beer called Citra, Mo, Sabro

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Nah your palate should be your only measure for you.

9 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Overtone always list the hops on the can, yeah. I only recently discovered Sabro and I quite like the coconut kick.

Anyway, as I said, another new Overtone tonight and it's their 10% Big Yin. It's good gear.

20210227_201746.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The best thing I’ve had with it was a Pipeworks pineapple milkshake DIPA which was phenomenal; it did have actual pina juice in it and it played fantastically with that. This stuff - 

Somebody here was asking about beers with these "Bros" bottle tops.

Found this bottle in Eskbank Trading, a new beer to me. It's a typical wheat beer, but a bit tart. Quite drinkable.

Eskbank Trading is also stocking Overtone. Four or five lines in, stocks were a wee bit low, so they clearly have their fans in Midlothian too.

Really good selection of beers in that shop. I had a look at Barry's Southside* on Twitter, and I reckon Eskbank Trading is stocking most of the same range. Really good selection of German beers.

Went in for a greetings card and came away with £40 of beer! Forgot to buy a stamp for said card. What a failure.

* Stockist of rapidly disappearing Irn Bru Sour. IMG_20210227_203904.jpeg