What Are You Drinking ?

I suspended my Beer 52 delivery for this month- getting the impression I made the right decision.
I binned Beer 52 pretty quickly. I get the premise and I even quite like the premise, but each time I got it I looked at the cost and what I got and thought yeah it's worth about half that. Bin.

I only stuck with Beer 52 a couple of months but still get the emails. This months box was the first that had me tempted to sign up again.

Their stuffs alright but often is a bit generic to the theme. The Oktoberfest theme only really had two Oktoberfest beers and the rest were just regular German beers. All fine but seemed a bit of a waste of a theme.

I get a box every second month from Brew Republic. 12 for £30 so a little better value but unless the next box is great I think I’ll cancel it as well.

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m another that ditched Beer52 after a couple of boxes. Especially if you live close to any decent beer shop you can get a better selection at a cheaper price and avoid any of the shite they send.

What I disliked most about Beer52 is that you could signup online but in order to cancel you had to phone them. Several times, after the phone rang for minutes on end I hung up but upon eventually getting through I was asked my reason for cancelling.

"I like beer that tastes like beer not beer that tastes like the syrup you get in a can of fruit cocktail."

"Erm, ok, no problem."

Edited by Arch Stanton

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What I disliked most about Beer52 is that you could signup online but in order to cancel you had to phone them. Several times, after the phone rang for minutes on end I hung up but upon eventually getting through I was asked my reason for cancelling.

"I like beer that tastes like beer not beer that tastes like the syrup you get in a can of fruit cocktail."

"Erm, ok, no problem."

Never used Beer52. Usually I go to shop or order from bottle shop and get a few random ones. I suppose that's the catch with Beer52, make it hard to cancel

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

"Erm, ok, no problem."

I just emailed them to cancel my subscription.  I really couldn't be arsed with talking to the c***s.

Just now, tongue_tied_danny said:

I just emailed them to cancel my subscription.  I really couldn't be arsed with talking to the c***s.

It's at least a couple of years ago I got their introductory box. When you clicked on the "cancel my subscription" link all you got was a phone number, no other options, although from your experience this has changed.

It was an Edinburgh number IIRC.

My missus mentioned the other night she'd seen an ad on Amazon for something called Liquid Vault offering a voyage of discovery through Scotland's craft beers or something to that effect.

Worked out about three quid a bottle, so I asked what kind of things they were offering...turned out to be core range Williams, Inveralmond, Broughton, Fyne Ales and the like...some pretty good beers in there to be fair, but literally nothing you couldn't pick up in any decent-sized supermarket at a sub two quid price.

Pass.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's at least a couple of years ago I got their introductory box. When you clicked on the "cancel my subscription" link all you got was a phone number, no other options, although from your experience this has changed.

It was an Edinburgh number IIRC.

It was last year. The same story, there was only a phone number but I found a customer service email address buried at the bottom of their website so I sent them a message telling them to cancel my subscription. About an hour later I got a reply offering me all kinds of incentives to stay. I rubbered the email and never heard from them again.