What Are You Drinking ?

14 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I had a look earlier. They're not cheap- are they worth it? Anything in particular you can recommend?

They don't do a core range, so what's available from them is constantly changing. TBH, a lot of their IPAs are decent enough but very interchangeable, which has led to the theory I've heard espoused that they might just be sticking essentially the same thing out multiple times with different labels...

The IPAs apart, they've done some excellent stouts and sours in the last few months - if you can source It's Bounty Happen (coconut stout) Wake Up (coffee stout) or Deep Purple (blueberry sour) they were all really, really good.

I used to drink once a month but since November I've probably drank 9 or 10 beers a night. The fact I've more money than I'm used to and theres f**k all to do at the moment isn't helping but I'm still ever so slightly concerned. I only realised today when I went to put on a t shirt and could feel my belly resisting.. 

Finally able to open this. Plur, 8% DIPA.

The smell on opening the can is incredible. Pineapple and lime. Tasting superb, definitely getting the tropical flavours, also a wee bit of pine nut. Would go down really well with a curry.

Would like to taste it against a Cromarty Man Overboard, an 8.8% DIPA, which is my high watermark for this style of beer.

Excellent beer. The P&B Overtone Fanclub has a new member!
IMG_20210203_210837.jpeg

On 02/02/2021 at 18:18, Archie McSquackle said:

I had a look earlier. They're not cheap- are they worth it? Anything in particular you can recommend?

I'm a huge fan of Overtone. A lot of their IPAs are admittedly similar, but when they are as of high quality as they are, I don't care. Try any of them, you'll not be disappointed. I'm not a stout fan, so can't give any recommendations there but I'd definitely try their sours if that's your thing, they've all been great.