What Are You Drinking ?

Tonights hit list...

Bairnardo Brewing Czech pilsner
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
1698 Kentish Strong Ale
Guinness West Indies Porter
William's Bros Pavlovs Dog

West Indies Porter is fucking stinking btw. Will not buy again. Pavlovs Dog the best of the above, which is totally unsurprising tbh given the quality of William's Bros range

Bored out my head , got a shit load of booze in the house so decided to try and make some cocktails . Found a recipe for a " Baby Yoda " Vodka , cointreau, Midori and orange juice.    Couldn't be arsed putting all the fancy garnish on it but it tasted great . Had about six along with some cider. Got about 40 bottles of different spirits lying about  that I dont really like so gonna try and make stuff I can drink.  Mibbe end up an alcoholic. Lockdown is actually starting to get to me.

20210116_204635.jpg

On 26/01/2021 at 10:53, Mr Pikey said:

Bored out my head , got a shit load of booze in the house so decided to try and make some cocktails . Found a recipe for a " Baby Yoda " Vodka , cointreau, Midori and orange juice.    Couldn't be arsed putting all the fancy garnish on it but it tasted great . Had about six along with some cider. Got about 40 bottles of different spirits lying about  that I dont really like so gonna try and make stuff I can drink.  Mibbe end up an alcoholic. Lockdown is actually starting to get to me.

Is that a serious comment?  If so, why on earth do you have 40 bottles of spirits you don't like - did you find them in the hoose when you bought it?

Just the one tonight. First sample of my Czech Pilsner. Its decent but will reserve judgement till it's a bit older. Wasnt without its issues in the making so let's just see shall we.....
20210120_200648.thumb.jpeg.e9a31cabd6a55de5baa90dde2cb34b94.jpeg

You know where I live...

As for tonight, it’s a bottle of this while watching Menace 2 Society for the first time in about 20 years. Outstanding film.
IMG_1611961818.808739.jpg

On 12/12/2020 at 18:55, centralTon said:

Vocation - Imperial Kirsch Chocolate and Cherry Stout.

Initial hit of cherry followed by dark chocolate, absolutely beautiful but at 11% and £5 for a 440ml can, it's an occasional treat.

Picked up a can today, drinking it now and couldn't agree more. It's outrageously good. The cognac barrel-ageing stops it being too one-dimensionally sweet as well. 

If you look at it from a cost to ABV perspective then it's actually cheaper than Bacchus kriek or similar. Both are excellent but this is better. 

On 26/01/2021 at 10:38, Bairnardo said:
On 25/01/2021 at 20:02, Bairnardo said:
Tonights hit list...

Bairnardo Brewing Czech pilsner
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
1698 Kentish Strong Ale
Guinness West Indies Porter
William's Bros Pavlovs Dog

West Indies Porter is fucking stinking btw. Will not buy again. Pavlovs Dog the best of the above, which is totally unsurprising tbh given the quality of William's Bros range

I actually prefer the West Indies Porter to the normal stuff.

The only way I ever drink Guinness is by making Jamaican punch. I.e. by mixing it with condensed milk, a raw egg, some vanilla essence and some nutmeg.

I first had that in a Caribbean restaurant in Manchester a few years ago.  Fecking lovely it was, though I haven't been able to make it quite as good myself the half dozen or so times I've tried.

Few cans of Strongbow last night. Wasn’t in the mood for any beers but it went down a treat.

Currently having a caramel latte courtesy of the Tassimo I received got Christmas.

10 hours ago, virginton said:

Picked up a can today, drinking it now and couldn't agree more. It's outrageously good. The cognac barrel-ageing stops it being too one-dimensionally sweet as well. 

If you look at it from a cost to ABV perspective then it's actually cheaper than Bacchus kriek or similar. Both are excellent but this is better. 

Totally agree. Like yourself, I've worked out that at 11%, it's actually decent value for money in comparison to the likes of Bacchus or Bellevue. Kasteel Rouge at 8% is also decent value from Belgium in a Box at around £3.

I actually prefer the West Indies Porter to the normal stuff.
The only way I ever drink Guinness is by making Jamaican punch. I.e. by mixing it with condensed milk, a raw egg, some vanilla essence and some nutmeg.
I first had that in a Caribbean restaurant in Manchester a few years ago.  Fecking lovely it was, though I haven't been able to make it quite as good myself the half dozen or so times I've tried.

Apparently, according to people who know more than me, the Guinness recipe has changed beyond all recognition in recent years, which pretty much explains why it's now a bit shit. I think the stuff in bottles labelled "extra stout" is still meant to be a bit better.

Apparently, according to people who know more than me, the Guinness recipe has changed beyond all recognition in recent years, which pretty much explains why it's now a bit shit. I think the stuff in bottles labelled "extra stout" is still meant to be a bit better.

The bottles of extra stout are very good. The fizziness of it can catch you out but it’s a very good beer to have especially at this time of year.

Anyhow, just treated myself to a few bottles of Paulaner for tonight. Looking very much forward to it.