What Are You Drinking ?

How is it? The other two lockdown beers were in their advent calendar. The Guava one was alright but the cream soda lager was awful.

this one is ok. very sweet after taste. only ordered a four pack of this. my favourite is triple hazy

2 hours ago, Ylf said:

this one is ok. very sweet after taste. only ordered a four pack of this. my favourite is triple hazy

Aye it wasn’t bad at all. I feared the worst as I’m not a massive fan of beers that strong but it was surprisingly pleasant.

Tempest Brewery's Chai Cutter Milk Stout. 

First dark beer of the Beer52 box* after a good but generic IPA earlier. Yes it's another weirdo flavoured milk stout; Tempest generally know their stuff though and this delicate but unmistakably chai spiced stout works.

Spoiler

incandescent with rage that they had the brass neck to chuck in a 2.7% 'table beer' offering in this month's box. Think it's finally time to pull the plug. 

Cranachan Killer by Fierce, my first beer from them. Billed as a raspberry pale ale, its probably not for everyone, but it hits all the right notes for me. Tastes pretty much like a cranachan, which is no bad thing.
20210123_210325.thumb.jpg.501b516f60b849eb81dd51dead67afb7.jpg
I had a few cans of this in early lockdown and loved it but haven't seen it since. Can you remind me where it's available? Not sure but I may have got it in Lidl.

I tried this Black Forest Stout from my Beer 52 Melbourne box last night. I think someone else previously had similar comments but didn't get any Black Forest and found it pretty bland particularly considering the strength. Give me a McEwan's Champion Ale over that any day.

I go for the light and dark selection from Beer 52 but sometimes find the dark selection really disappointing and concentrating on stouts. Maybe some areas don't really do ales or Beer 52 are just picking poorly. 20210123_002658.jpg

13 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Cranachan Killer by Fierce, my first beer from them. Billed as a raspberry pale ale, its probably not for everyone, but it hits all the right notes for me. Tastes pretty much like a cranachan, which is no bad thing.

20210123_210325.jpg

What are you planning to do with the tinned pumpkin?

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I had a few cans of this in early lockdown and loved it but haven't seen it since. Can you remind me where it's available? Not sure but I may have got it in Lidl.

I tried this Black Forest Stout from my Beer 52 Melbourne box last night. I think someone else previously had similar comments but didn't get any Black Forest and found it pretty bland particularly considering the strength. Give me a McEwan's Champion Ale over that any day.

I go for the light and dark selection from Beer 52 but sometimes find the dark selection really disappointing and concentrating on stouts. Maybe some areas don't really do ales or Beer 52 are just picking poorly. 20210123_002658.jpg

I got it from the Wee Beer Shop in Glasgow. Haven't seen it elsewhere I don't think