What Are You Drinking ?

23 hours ago, virginton said:

Pilsner Urquell with some Diplomatico Exclusiva Reserva. I also opened a bottle of El Dorado 12 year old rum earlier. It was decent on the first go with no harsh notes but surprisingly dry for a demerara rum. I expected it to be like Diplomatico or OVD on steroids so it takes some adjusting.

6 x 330ml cans of Pilsner Urquell and a couple of really nice bottles of  Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc shared with Mrs.cT.

I think bottles of Pilsner Urquell are better than cans, draught is better than those and Tankovna from Lokal or U Sadu in Prague are  just about the best I've ever had. Had Prague, Plzen and Brno booked for October last year, but will get back there at some point.

Since the wife is about 8 and a half months pregnant there's no booze for me.
Decided to try some no alcohol beer and was pleasantly surprised by these, don't think you would know by the taste that they are alcohol free.
Apparently Brooklyn brewery have started an alcohol free range so might try and pick some up over the next wee while to try.
IMG_20210116_225122.thumb.jpg.88bf3ec3a84b8af7741d9eb49eeffcb2.jpg

On 15/01/2021 at 15:21, tongue_tied_danny said:

20210115_151612.thumb.jpg.7cf741485977a8d2a3a4e266c77d648f.jpg

I finish work in less than an hour so what better way to celebrate than with some stout.

It's nice enough but I'd say Drygate and 71 both do better coffee stout.

Aye I picked up a can of it in Lidl today. Pleasant enough to drink but a bit thin compared to better versions.

8 minutes ago, centralTon said:

6 x 330ml cans of Pilsner Urquell and a couple of really nice bottles of  Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc shared with Mrs.cT.

I think bottles of Pilsner Urquell are better than cans, draught is better than those and Tankovna from Lokal or U Sadu in Prague are  just about the best I've ever had. Had Prague, Plzen and Brno booked for October last year, but will get back there at some point.

The new label bottles can be better but are too hit and miss IMO. At least from the supermarkets, where they've probably been stored incorrectly half a dozen times before reaching the shelf. The cans are more reliable and handier. Drinksupermarket are stocking 20 bottles of Dark Budvar for about £30 at the moment as well.

On 15/01/2021 at 18:50, Ylf said:

IMG_1610736578.968680.jpg cheers everyone. this is very good imo

That's as good a supermarket beer as you'll get. If you like that I'd recommend Tupelo from Thornbridge and Salt. 

I had a milkshake IPA for the first time tonight, Lotus NEIPA from Overtone. Really tasty but I feel like I've gained 12lbs just by drinking it.

10 hours ago, virginton said:

Aye I picked up a can of it in Lidl today. Pleasant enough to drink but a bit thin compared to better versions.

The new label bottles can be better but are too hit and miss IMO. At least from the supermarkets, where they've probably been stored incorrectly half a dozen times before reaching the shelf. The cans are more reliable and handier. Drinksupermarket are stocking 20 bottles of Dark Budvar for about £30 at the moment as well.

Will look that up, partial to Dark Budvar and Dark Kozel.

Agree about the Chokka Blokka, pleasant but thin.