What Are You Drinking ?

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

First tries from my Beer 52 box.
The Heart was a nice enough pale ale. Old Mate was bland and tasteless. Juicy IPA was lovely and the first taste of Shake (Salted Caramel Milkshake IPA) was nice but I couldn't finish the can. Very unusual for me but just far too sweet. 20210110_001757.jpg

Certainly been discussed before, but some of these types are verging on not even close to being a beer. Pleasant drinks,  but not beer. NEIPA is about as far as I am willing to push it. And I have few objections to the flavoured stouts, but some of these pale ales are mental. Strawberry Sundae Milkshake marshmallow pale ale does nothing for me. It's just a big can of lactose and e numbers 

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Certainly been discussed before, but some of these types are verging on not even close to being a beer. Pleasant drinks,  but not beer. NEIPA is about as far as I am willing to push it. And I have few objections to the flavoured stouts, but some of these pale ales are mental. Strawberry Sundae Milkshake marshmallow pale ale does nothing for me. It's just a big can of lactose and e numbers 

Agreed, the idea of a milkshake IPA disgusts me.

Tonights groundhog day consumption will be Pilsner Urquell (6 for £6), a couple of Westmalle Dubbels (research for my next brew), and an Imperial Stout from Buxton.
Imperial stout was pish. Not even a really strong one by imperial stout standards at 8.5 iirc but the alcohol was front and centre. Nae use.

Urquell and Westmalle were obviously glorious.

Another chance for Tiny Rebel tonight with Club Tropica. Cant remember which one of theirs I tried before and was underwhelmed. Hopefully not this one.... And from the top drawer, a couple of cans of Tin Man IPA from the William's Bros.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Another chance for Tiny Rebel tonight with Club Tropica. Cant remember which one of theirs I tried before and was underwhelmed. Hopefully not this one.... 

I'm guessing you mean their Club Tropicana, Club Tropica (NA) is their alcohol free version...:ph34r:

Sainsbury's now stocking Tiny Rebel 4 packs so I guess they've hit the big time.

Pilsner Urquell with some Diplomatico Exclusiva Reserva. I also opened a bottle of El Dorado 12 year old rum earlier. It was decent on the first go with no harsh notes but surprisingly dry for a demerara rum. I expected it to be like Diplomatico or OVD on steroids so it takes some adjusting.

Wild Beer call it a pale ale, Untappd call it a fruit beer. Its probably somewhere in between. It's OK, was expecting it to be fruitier.
20210115_231040.thumb.jpg.dbb12fb16659df329cb162e32d7995ea.jpg
My experience with Wild Beer Co is that they generally sound better than they taste.

Last night's tipples: a few supermarket offerings and a couple from Beer 52. The 3 from Asda are all tried and tested and nothing new. Quite liked Out Too Far from Sailors Grave Brewing (Melbourne box) and the Double Free Verse IPA from Virginia Beer Co was glorious but at 8.6%, I'm slightly regretting it this morning. 20210116_005039.jpg

Last night's tipples: a few supermarket offerings and a couple from Beer 52. The 3 from Asda are all tried and tested and nothing new. Quite liked Out Too Far from Sailors Grave Brewing (Melbourne box) and the Double Free Verse IPA from Virginia Beer Co was glorious but at 8.6%, I'm slightly regretting it this morning. 20210116_005039.thumb.jpg.edf6d954ca85bc6563a543faef435916.jpg
You get Anchor Steam in Asda?

Guest bernardblack
Last night's tipples: a few supermarket offerings and a couple from Beer 52. The 3 from Asda are all tried and tested and nothing new. Quite liked Out Too Far from Sailors Grave Brewing (Melbourne box) and the Double Free Verse IPA from Virginia Beer Co was glorious but at 8.6%, I'm slightly regretting it this morning. 20210116_005039.thumb.jpg.edf6d954ca85bc6563a543faef435916.jpg

I never knew you could get Ossian in a can.