What Are You Drinking ?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah place was well stocked and the brew shed was pumping out some top aromas. 

Had a good bit of chat with the lad in the shop. Sound as f**k. Definitely make my good guys of brewing list and will continue to buy their shit. 

Good to hear. They won't have been helped by the problems with the Rest and the detour by-passing them when the Old Military Road is closed.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

A couple of Negra Modelos for now and a Barney's marshmallow milk stout for later, quite looking forward to that.

What is the recommended/experienced shelf life for mini-kegs once opened? Having five litres of Schiehallion or one of the Fyne Ales range on tap is tempting but I'm wondering whether it would be worthwhile or not: presumably lager has a shorter shelf life than ale as well. 

As you say it’s reasonable for ales, but for lagers I would think it would be quite short as it could go flat pretty rapidly. I’ve had a couple of different ale mini-kegs that have lasted 2-3 days and been fine until the end.

Edited by Honest_Man#1
They recommend finishing them within 5-7 days usually, but I don’t think I’d ever leave it as long as a week.

The helles lager you brewed, is it hoppy at all?? I'm trying to broaden my horizons a bit, I drink far too much porters and stouts, and my stomach suffers badly at times, so I'm going to try some lagers and ipa's. I don't like anything too hoppy, for instance I've been drinking the "brel" that williams bros brew for Aldi, and that's quite decent. 
No, it doesnt have a lot of hops really and what it does have is traditional german noble hops. Nothing floral.
As you say it’s reasonable for ales, but for lagers I would think it would be quite short as it could go flat pretty rapidly. I’ve had a couple of different ale mini-kegs that have lasted 2-3 days and been fine until the end.
The guy at the shop said the lager is best tanned in 1 sitting. I will try to oblige him and honour his work.

Finishing off the Oktoberfest box with an ABK festbier now and the dunkel waiting for later. 

The mini-keg idea can wait for now as I got a crate of dark Budvars delivered this afternoon. £32 for 20x500ml bottles will do very nicely indeed.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Finishing off the Oktoberfest box with an ABK festbier now and the dunkel waiting for later. 

The mini-keg idea can wait for now as I got a crate of dark Budvars delivered this afternoon. £32 for 20x500ml bottles will do very nicely indeed.

Beerhawk Oktoberfest box?

Boozer down the road told me they'd be open for takeaways till 9pm. Went down about 7 and it was closed. Now drinking Strongbow out the Sub for the first time. Bought a keg for a mate who doesn't drink beer months ago so getting rid of it before the expiration date. Not great if I'm honest.

5 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Enjoying this cracker from Salt Beer Factory. Second time drinking a beer featuring the Vic Secret hop and they've both been excellent 

20201106_200632.jpg

Had the Jute from them a couple of weeks ago and thought it was alright, but nothing special. That looks excellent though to be fair.

16 hours ago, virginton said:

Not had dark Budvar since Bratislava last October, but have loaded my Sub with a dark Krusovice torp and it will be ready in time for todays kick off.

Re the mini-kegs, have had some which lasted well over 3-5 days (Paulaner - Hefeweisse, Hybrid - Stout) and others that were flat the second day.

Final few beers before I rap it for a week or so. Kicking off with Fyne Ales Deep Spcae Echo. A bourbon barrel aged Inperial stout at 11.5%. Almost has the feel of a full bodied red wine. Maybe even thicker. Almost no carbonation, but the sweetness of the bourbon and the roasty flavours hide the ABV well.

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

Stocked the fridge full of Guinness and Paulaner for tonight.

Looking forward to it.

Favourite time of year for a Guinness. However I'm 6 weeks in of not drinking, and planning going till the start of December, but have had 24 of these delivered for under a tenner. 

16047715533948009293339692987288.jpg