What Are You Drinking ?

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

No Tennents, so a pint of a Moretti it is

B5D40FDC-3901-4AE8-BB30-3296AEC7D17B.jpg

To be fair, subbing Tennents for Moretti is like when your star player goes off injured but your sub comes on, scores the winner and it’s a fucking screamer. Superb option to have on your bench. Literally, by the looks of it. 

ETA: Took bloody cold for ootside pints though.

Edited by 8MileBU

47 minutes ago, Duszek said:

Advice sought, please.

I bought the below bottle to use in a Christmas cake, but will have plenty left over. Are there any decent brandy cocktails? 

https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/ortolan-bunting-france

Pretty much wasting that bottle if you aren't drowning your dinner in it now tbh.

Edited by vikingTON

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:
Koel It (Sabro) by St Marsh of the Desert. Big fan of the sabro hop, gives a cracking tropical taste. Would highly recommend this one.
20201030_202606.thumb.jpg.d196bc092746845ba18c92156aa80854.jpg

Where did you get it? Been looking for something with Sabro.

Wee Beer Shop on Pollokshaws Road. Brilliant shop, got such a good variety of beers

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely f**k all like that around me unfortunately. 

I'm really lucky its only 5 minutes from my work. They do delivery as long as you don't buy bottles, but I think there's a pretty high minimum spend. Worth looking at if you want to stock up

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Haven't tried that but very partial to Zinfandel. Where id you get it from and if you don't mind me asking, how much?

It's from Majestic. I was a bit worried about trying it with smoked salmon pate and bread, then a lobster dish (see nom page for photo!) but it really worked well. Down side - £17. Definitely worth it, though.

49 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Koel It (Sabro) by St Marsh of the Desert. Big fan of the sabro hop, gives a cracking tropical taste. Would highly recommend this one.

20201030_202606.jpg

Did a homebrew pale with Sabro a wee while ago. It's a cracking hop with a big hint of coconut about it.

This shortly. Booths supermarket in Keswick have good deals on miniatures, and also one of the best ale selections I've ever seen. Can see the bank balance getting hammered 😂

IMG_20201030_213238.jpg

Edited by philpy

It's from Majestic. I was a bit worried about trying it with smoked salmon pate and bread, then a lobster dish (see nom page for photo!) but it really worked well. Down side - £17. Definitely worth it, though.

Sounds good. Very happy to pay £17 for a good quality Zinfandel. As it happens heading to Majestic this weekend. Not sure if you are a Pinot Noir fan but if so the Bread and Butter Pinot from Majestic is fabulous. It’s from California and generally £13.99 but regularly reduced to £11.99. The similarly priced Bread and Butter Cabernet Sauvignon is very good too.