What Are You Drinking ?

I'd highly recommend getting a bottle of the Ola Dubh from the current range to anyone who hasn't tried it yet.
I bought one but haven't tried it yet. Anyway last night I tried another one of my Lidl purchases. Wasn't sure what to expect from 71 Brewing's Valleys Between, described as a strawberry and passion fruit gose, but it was lovely - really refreshing. I'll be popping back for a few more of these and the Spey Valley Winter Sunshine. 20201025_181842.jpg

Just had a Drygate Double Disco there. No bad, certainly grew on me as it went on. Got a Salt NEIPA and a Drygate Chocolate Peanut Butter stout for later but, with no fucking modesty whatsoever, the highlight of the night is this. The best work of my short brewing career so far, a German Lager that would pass for shop bought every day of the week. Giving myself a pass on this arrogance, because I have worked like f**k to get to a point of making a good lager.

20201027_191618.jpeg

On 25/10/2020 at 18:27, Archie McSquackle said:

I bought one but haven't tried it yet. Anyway last night I tried another one of my Lidl purchases. Wasn't sure what to expect from 71 Brewing's Valleys Between, described as a strawberry and passion fruit gose, but it was lovely - really refreshing. I'll be popping back for a few more of these and the Spey Valley Winter Sunshine. 20201025_181842.jpg

That one's waiting to be opened tomorrow night so good to hear. 

On 25/10/2020 at 18:27, Archie McSquackle said:

Now had it and thought it was quite good as well. It perhaps needed a wee bit more salt to get the full sweet-sour-salty combination: like a Margarita in a can. Gose beers like this are usually worth looking out for though.

A Negra Modelo and one of the Ola Dubhs for the CL this evening.

On 25/10/2020 at 16:37, Arch Stanton said:

Tried that in Brussels last year. You get a mini yard-of-ale style glass to drink it from.

Kwak Glass and Wooden Stand

This is my favourite Belgian glass.

la-corne-glas.jpg

I tried this stuff at a pub in Antwerp a couple of years ago. Decent enough but it was about 8% so one was enough.

EDIT: £29 on Amazon. f**k that!

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Like drinking s dark chocolate bounty.
Two thumbs up.20201030_170043.thumb.jpg.ced2ca98f0ac4c5bc9b9ade313679b69.jpg
I had Drygates chocolate peanut butter Imperial Stout the other night. It was really really good. That one sounds good too though. Time to try and brass neck another brewery for a recipe I think.....

71 Brewing are doing some right decent beers just now. Had 'All the fun of the citrus' last night which were very fruity tasting (some proper beer aficionados may take exception to it) and having some Left Coast tonight.
Both very decent!