What Are You Drinking ?

2 hours ago, virginton said:

IMG_20201021_181528.thumb.jpg.b5d6e986a11fba163998300e1bf626f3.jpg

Picked up some Slovak lager which was stocked in Lidl recently as I haven't had it in a few years. As the region goes it's nothing exceptional but hits the spot for the first cold beer of the evening.

Another one that brings back good memories. Was the lager of choice in Bratislava when I was there. Crisp and clean, went down a treat.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

IMG_20201021_181528.thumb.jpg.b5d6e986a11fba163998300e1bf626f3.jpg

Picked up some Slovak lager which was stocked in Lidl recently as I haven't had it in a few years. As the region goes it's nothing exceptional but hits the spot for the first cold beer of the evening.

The Golden Pheasant. I enjoyed several of these in Bratislava and Trnava 4 years ago. How much are Lidl selling it for?

Nipped into Aldi tonight for a few Stella, and was intrigued by these two 750ml bottles (£2.99 each iirc). 

The black one, bière millésimée, a French brew, was very palatable, will buy again. 

Just about to try the St. Pierre Belgian Blond. 

Both around the 6% mark so a decent dunt for your money. Follow these up with the Stella's and could be a hazy head in the morning.!! 

_20201021_212224.JPG

Lidl have got a bunch of Scottish beers in this week (Thursdays are when they start their new promotions, which include the mad shit in the middle of the store and their drinks promotions).

Picked up these:

20201022_171031.thumb.jpg.ac59edcaea29c4cfabf435918f6db49f.jpg

Wanted to get more but I'm poor and also don't want to buy too many beers.

As an aside, Lidl also sell the decent Innis and Gunn craft lager (green cans) in a 4 pack for a fiver.

Lidl have got a bunch of Scottish beers in this week (Thursdays are when they start their new promotions, which include the mad shit in the middle of the store and their drinks promotions).
Picked up these:
As an aside, Lidl also sell the decent Innis and Gunn craft lager (green cans) in a 4 pack for a fiver.
You really can't beat Aldi and Lidl for their selections of beers, especially when they've got their Scottish Beer Festivals on the go.

1 hour ago, spud131 said:
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Picked up these:

You really can't beat Aldi and Lidl for their selections of beers, especially when they've got their Scottish Beer Festivals on the go.

Yup. Shame they don't sell the 'festival' beers all year.

Picked up these:
Cheers. I was in yesterday and there range wasn't that great- I'll pop back in on my lunch break tomorrow.

21 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I've tried these few tonight. All decent enough with the Glasgow Porter and the super drinkable Winter Sunshine from Spey Valley Brewery (pick of the bunch) being the stand-outs. The Neipa was the only one I was a wee bit disappointed in.20201024_005737.jpg

Spey Valley do some excellent beers. Their 'Sunshine on Keith' is excellent. It's sold in the bar in Inverness train station.

That Williams Brother Craft Lager is very good stuff too.

NEIPAs are more miss than hit in my experience/opinion. 

Anyway, bottles of this were £1 in Morrisons. Obviously they're punting the stock.

Actually pretty decent stuff. Not as strong and definitely far less carbonated than a normal Strongbow is, and far less sweet, despite smelling exactly as you would imagine.

20201024_224118.thumb.jpg.bb70bf7eb8358ebe15eb29b2c66a5ed3.jpg

On 24/10/2020 at 01:09, Archie McSquackle said:

I've tried these few tonight. All decent enough with the Glasgow Porter and the super drinkable Winter Sunshine from Spey Valley Brewery (pick of the bunch) being the stand-outs. The Neipa was the only one I was a wee bit disappointed in.20201024_005737.jpg

I'd highly recommend getting a bottle of the Ola Dubh from the current range to anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

Edited by vikingTON