What Are You Drinking ?

Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime
Thistly Cross Cloudy Cider
Tsingtao
Korev Cornish Lager
Corona x 2

Basically a case of emptying the fridge of the random beer to fill with some vitamin T in time for the football tomorrow.

Trying something a little different from Suenner Brewery, just down the road. 

Malz bier and at 7.2% it's a little stronger than normal. If you like Malz bier types, you'll love this. For me, it's not hitting the spot. Got a pack of Gaffel and a pack of Gilden in the fridge for later. 

119126269_959129067924113_6176488313069014470_n.jpg

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
Trying something a little different from Suenner Brewery, just down the road. 
Malz bier and at 7.2% it's a little stronger than normal. If you like Malz bier types, you'll love this. For me, it's not hitting the spot. Got a pack of Gaffel and a pack of Gilden in the fridge for later. 
119126269_959129067924113_6176488313069014470_n.thumb.jpg.c420b3a183adee10e1b1d125a2325e23.jpg

Generally jealous as f**k of your access to quality German beers. However, lastnight I managed to get my wee paws on some Augustiner Helles, and some sort of Munich Pilsner whose name I forget. These are different level lagers.

The makings of a potential German style pilsner are currently sat in my garage and I now feel inspired.

Where do folk that but German Beer online get it from? Specifically @KnightswoodBear who I remember being excited over a box of Augustiner not so long ago...

Edited by Bairnardo
Fix tag for baby hands KB

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Generally jealous as f**k of your access to quality German beers. However, lastnight I managed to get my wee paws on some Augustiner Helles, and some sort of Munich Pilsner whose name I forget. These are different level lagers.

The makings of a potential German style pilsner are currently sat in my garage and I now feel inspired.

Where do folk that but German Beer online get it from? Specifically @KnightswoodBear who I remember being excited over a box of Augustiner not so long ago...

https://www.beermerchants.com/

There you go, mon petit frere. 

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Beers of Europe 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, expatowner said:
IMG_1600155464.136959.thumb.jpg.8a8b7c613ae8bde62e6746343d9e7726.jpg

I’ve developed a taste for wheat beers

That one sounds quality. I assume from your handle you procured that abroad? Weihenstephaner is the best wheat beer I have tried so far. Beautiful stuff.

You could try brewing your own!

https://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/muntons-connoisseurs-range-wheat-beer/?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwzIH7BRAbEiwAoDxxTmFE-chHa6h6EHKiGnTgGGoJnKW2KU5aKZlTCcWY980zz4Q4FdTImxoCVRsQAvD_BwE

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I have done two batches of what is basically a Weihenstephaner clone. The first one was ace. The second one of which I still have loads was badly oxidized due to an obvious f**k up on my part and is for the drain I think. It tastes.... ok ish, but it looks awful in the glass. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I have done two batches of what is basically a Weihenstephaner clone. The first one was ace. The second one of which I still have loads was badly oxidized due to an obvious f**k up on my part and is for the drain I think. It tastes.... ok ish, but it looks awful in the glass. 

I guess practice makes perfect. 

Pubs have lost much of their appeal for me since Covid, and it could be years before they get back to some kind of normality, so maybe time I got a new hobby.

40 pints for £14.50 sounds very tempting. 

:guinness

That one sounds quality. I assume from your handle you procured that abroad? Weihenstephaner is the best wheat beer I have tried so far. Beautiful stuff.

Yes. I live in New Zealand now. There are plenty of small breweries popping up that make a wide range of beers. Some great, some nah.