What Are You Drinking ?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 hours ago, heedthebaa said:
Never seen or heard of this before,  but a canny tipple none the less. 50p a bottle 
EC4638F9-D7BE-4DA7-9441-67A204A5B026.thumb.jpeg.5f671fc748b67cf85272af2e95a5ed9e.jpeg

18 hours, and nothing about the hands? f**k sake

Did it on purpose tae, disappointing 

Local supermarket has a beer festival on. Well, ‘festival’ is stretching it a bit.

Berliner Weisser is interesting, very different from the blond/pils I generally go for. Described as « refreshing, sour » on the bottle notes. Glad to have tried it, but doubt I’d go back. 

5F30E1C7-2792-4ED7-BA2D-076CEA7272E0.jpeg

Edited by Duszek

Found this one today in Rewe- Richmodis Kolsch. It's exclusive to Rewe shops. 

Really like this. VERY refreshing taste and isn't heavy to drink in the slightest. Wish I had bought more than just the two, will buy tomorrow for a party across the hall at the neighbours' place.

119173446_873648249710614_3916703276384386681_n.jpg

Plenty to like about this Gluten Free home brew lager. Pretty much clear of chill have and a clean, ester free flavour. Waiti hops are interesting, and will continue to experiment with those, but my volumes were way off, which has resulted in a mammoth 7%er. Too strong, a Duvel style alcohol kick which whilst not unpleasant, certainly rules out having many in one sitting20200911_171641.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Plenty to like about this Gluten Free home brew lager. Pretty much clear of chill have and a clean, ester free flavour. Waiti hops are interesting, and will continue to experiment with those, but my volumes were way off, which has resulted in a mammoth 7%er. Too strong, a Duvel style alcohol kick which whilst not unpleasant, certainly rules out having many in one sitting20200911_171641.jpeg

It looks good, as you're aware, I'm stage 4 coeliac, but find the commercial gluten free beers a bit watery. There's definitely a different "texture" to them. How is that one?

It has plenty of body, but in all honesty, although I usually brew to a range of 5.2 to 6% this is quite simply too strong and a mistake I will seek to avoid. Theres no way you would know it was gluten free though. I dont know how the pro brewers do it, Inused and enzyme that breaks down gluten to other compounds and its certainly not reputed to change the characteristics of the beer. I think, such as my talents are, this is no different to any others I have made in terms of texture or feel

It looks good, as you're aware, I'm stage 4 coeliac, but find the commercial gluten free beers a bit watery. There's definitely a different "texture" to them. How is that one?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It has plenty of body, but in all honesty, although I usually brew to a range of 5.2 to 6% this is quite simply too strong and a mistake I will seek to avoid. Theres no way you would know it was gluten free though. I dont know how the pro brewers do it, Inused and enzyme that breaks down gluten to other compounds and its certainly not reputed to change the characteristics of the beer. I think, such as my talents are, this is no different to any others I have made in terms of texture or feel

I've not had many, Tennents Lager and Brew Dog IPA, there's something missing. Estrella do one of the best, but I issue throw caution to the wind and drink what I like with little digestive impact.

God help anyone down wind of me after a few Belhaven Bests, but I think it does that generally.

Any other gluten intolerant beer drinkers on here?

From the new beer range at Morrisons (Stirling)

Omnipollo - Noa, Pecan mud pie Imperial stout. Genuinely didn't think I would see a beer of this quality in a supermarket. 11% and thick, sweet and more alcohol that I remember from the last time I tried it.

Brew York - Sweet Temptation, Chocolate caramel stout. Easy drinking, sweet stout.

Northern Monk - Norse Star, Vanilla, Cacao & Almond Imperial Stout. Expected big things from this 9% Imperial stout, but the almond was the overpowering flavour, making it taste like coffee with a shot of Amaretto.