What Are You Drinking ?

11 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'm green with envy because @Stellaboz lives in Koln and has regular access to Kolsch. Some of the best beer around IMO.

Anyway I'm on this at the moment.

20200822_172701.thumb.jpg.6a4877b3d986369a361ab212727b6406.jpg

Torr Scottish Mountain Lager by Brewtoon.

Not bad. It has a nice crisp refreshing taste.

Good film to watch with it, there.

I tried a black IPA in the form of Loch Lomond's 'Bravehops' for a change last night: it's not for me, Clive. Dark, roasted flavours belong in porter or a tasty, Czech dark lager rather than fighting with a ton of hops. I've found Loch Lomond to be hit and miss on their products so another brewery might be able to do a better job but I'm not convinced.

I tried a black IPA in the form of Loch Lomond's 'Bravehops' for a change last night: it's not for me, Clive. Dark, roasted flavours belong in porter or a tasty, Czech dark lager rather than fighting with a ton of hops. I've found Loch Lomond to be hit and miss on their products so another brewery might be able to do a better job but I'm not convinced.
I generally find Loch Lomond way more miss than hit. Have tried their dark IPA before and it's just wrong, didn't work at all imo.

Since they are doing a 15% discount on deliveries due to the Aberdeen lockdown, I''ve been enjoying some beers from Fierce Brewery recently. I'm a big fan of their Heffen Heff and Cranachan Killer.

44 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

24 bottles of Laos' finest

IMG_20200819_163905579.jpg

Can I ask where you got that from? Beerlao seems to have a great reputation and I fancy trying it.

Guest bernardblack
Mount Gay rum, coke and fresh lime for me, a change from Havana Club Especial that makes just as delicious a mixer. 

Swap the coke for ginger beer and that sounds like heaven

I’d have bought that for my dear old dad we’re he still alive. He was an engineer for Cunard on the Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Mary

I only had the pleasure of working on the QE2 for a few years in the 90s They never had these beers onboard in my day but serve them on the Cunard ships now. I saw them on an ex-crew FB page and managed to order some from the brewery in Salisbury. They probably have excess lying around just now.
Did your dad go on about his time onboard like I do to my kids?

13 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I only had the pleasure of working on the QE2 for a few years in the 90s They never had these beers onboard in my day but serve them on the Cunard ships now. I saw them on an ex-crew FB page and managed to order some from the brewery in Salisbury. They probably have excess lying around just now.
Did your dad go on about his time onboard like I do to my kids?

brfbj.jpg

Logged into my Beer52 to find ourlt how to bin it. Said I had 3 quid worth of points to spend.

Phoned up to carry out the binning, lad on the phone tells me my account has 8 quid credit and did I just want the next box for 16 quid....

Naw. At it.