What Are You Drinking ?

Just now, virginton said:

The perfect day to mix and match wee cans from the Thistly Cross range - elderflower, Scottish fruit, cider cask and original so far with the whisky cask still to come. Have said it before but the elderflower version is glorious. 

Is it quite hoppy and bitter with the elderflower?? 

Thistly Cross is cider so it's nothing like that, it's essentially homemade elderflower cordial combining with their standard slightly dry cider. A perfect summer beverage.

IMG_20200808_202348.thumb.jpg.3ac7b6ece3d1d08029610be508e019eb.jpg

I also dropped into the independent booze shop while in North Berwick yesterday and picked up a few fruit beers for the train back: this Petrus Red cherry beer was tremendous. It's a mix of aged Belgian brown and red beers with sour cherry juice, so it's not as sweet as Bacchus Kriek (which is still good) and has really good depth of flavour as well. Will have to look out for it in Glasgow next time I'm near Valhalla's Goat or similar.

After trying a few of the different alcoholic seltzers kicking about at the moment, I think I've settled on the Smirnoff variety. Tried the Raspberry & Rhubarb, and Orange & Grapefruit versions, and both were pleasant. Kopparberg Passionfruit is another good one. Sorry @DA Baracus, but the Whiteclaw stuff reminded me too much of the bitter tonic water my gran used to drink from a siphon! Thanks for the recommendation, though.

Also, if these are considered ladydrinks for feminine people of the womanly persuasion, STFU. Thank you.

209789_smirnoffseltzers_436674.jpg

Vitamin T
Been waiting on the Sub cooling a Heineken for about an hour so hopefully it’ll be ready soon or I’ll be up drinking that and watching the music channels all night.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

After trying a few of the different alcoholic seltzers kicking about at the moment, I think I've settled on the Smirnoff variety. Tried the Raspberry & Rhubarb, and Orange & Grapefruit versions, and both were pleasant. Kopparberg Passionfruit is another good one. Sorry @DA Baracus, but the Whiteclaw stuff reminded me too much of the bitter tonic water my gran used to drink from a siphon! Thanks for the recommendation, though.

Also, if these are considered ladydrinks for feminine people of the womanly persuasion, STFU. Thank you.

209789_smirnoffseltzers_436674.jpg

I tried the Orange and Grapefruit version a few weeks ago and found it far too gassy with a vile aftertaste. The raspberry one sounds alright though so I'll need to look out for that.

Schreckenskammer Kölsch. 

A little known Kölsch bier even here in Cologne, brewed just around the corner from the main station. 

Delicious, absolutely delicious. Found it in a Kiosk less than 5 minutes from home tucked into the corner of the fridge. 

They even have a song, but I can't find the tune. http://schreckenskammer.com/schrekenskammer/unser-lied

117882583_607341423236963_6350556292267101617_n.jpg

On 06/08/2020 at 21:34, Arch Stanton said:

£1.49 from Lidl while stocks last.

Paolozzi-Glass-Awards-w-b-600x615.png

Had one of these the other night.  Must admit that I was somewhat underwhelmed and found it relatively tasteless.

Only just noticed the award just now.

Eta: "UK’s Best Helles/Münchner Lager" would be a rather niche category I would imagine.  Maybe I'm just not keen on that style.

Edited by Hedgecutter