What Are You Drinking ?

Rounding off our Belgian meal with the wine I brought from France, which is outstanding. I haven’t met a Côtés du Rhône I don’t like... Crozes-Hermitage, Gigondas, Vacqueras, St Joseph, or the big daddy himself, Ch. du Pape. Haven’t yet tried Côtés Rôtie, which is crazy expensive for reasons unknown. But  for thé rest, 10-18 euros buys a bottle of pure happiness.

7C3BF7EB-90AE-41D6-A827-F509E551FA8D.png

10.5% beer. Its fairly strong but nice

OK, apparently wrong forum Id when uploading

Image (2).jpg

Edited by weirdcal
Would not load pic from app

Tropical IPA. Calmed down a lot and fruity hops coming through beautifully. Still a touch more bitter than I would like.

Hefeweizen. Esters arent right though. More pear than banana IMO. Mrs B loves it though, and it's a heady 5.77% ABV (alcohol by volume)

Lager next. Sweet, sweet lager.

On 05/08/2020 at 19:48, weirdcal said:

10.5% beer. Its fairly strong but nice

OK, apparently wrong forum Id when uploading

Image (2).jpg

Got a delivery from Belgium in a Box yesterday which had that and Gulden Draak Imperial Stout among the beers. Have tried the 9000 Quad before, but not the Imperial Stout, will report back once I've tried it.

Duvel.

Trying to educate myself on the Belgian styles. Lovely stuff. Bit of a sipper due to the strength but really clean flavours and good mouthfeel from the wee swirl of yeast at the bottom. Gives it some good body.

Isle of Skye blonde and a Porter from..... somewhere to enjoy later on.

Gulden Draak - Imperial Stout. Really smooth, slightly smokey, and very easy to drink for a 12% big hitter. Not a typical Imperial Stout, more like a 12% Leffe Brune, better not drink them all at once. 

On 05/08/2020 at 20:29, Jumbo Muir said:

Bock is a lovely, crisp lager. Supping it outside a nice wee Portuguese bar by the sea enhances the taste IMO.

Totally agree mate, took your advice yesterday...

20200806_182855.thumb.jpg.0d2a33b34c7d7c257fe7b5b3a72afa92.jpg

The perfect day to mix and match wee cans from the Thistly Cross range - elderflower, Scottish fruit, cider cask and original so far with the whisky cask still to come. Have said it before but the elderflower version is glorious.