What Are You Drinking ?

I've been drinking this stuff lately, as I've put myself on a diet and I've also been trying to find something alcoholic that doesn't bring on a massive migraine within an hour of drinking it. Seems to be the only side effect from some otherwise-marvellous medication I've been on for a while.

I'd never drink it normally, but it'll do. The black cherry one is awful, though; very disappointing. If you're watching your weight and don't fancy neat spirits, the others are acceptable.

kopp_bg_2-e1590499362172.jpg

20 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've been drinking this stuff lately, as I've put myself on a diet and I've also been trying to find something alcoholic that doesn't bring on a massive migraine within an hour of drinking it. Seems to be the only side effect from some otherwise-marvellous medication I've been on for a while.

I'd never drink it normally, but it'll do. The black cherry one is awful, though; very disappointing. If you're watching your weight and don't fancy neat spirits, the others are acceptable.

kopp_bg_2-e1590499362172.jpg

Get some Whiteclaw. Same stuff as that but better.

Edited by DA Baracus

11 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I've got a Pale Ale Project from my local brewery, Beyond the Pale, on the go. I now have 4 breweries within a 20 minute walk of my house.IMG_20200627_180030352.jpeg

Ottawa's great for beer. I remember especially BtP Pink Fuzz. And Mill Street lager.

This stuff ain't too bad. Trying to explore the world of IPA, I love my porters and stouts, but they don't do my guts any favours. 
IMG_20200627_165744.thumb.jpg.ead687ed653df03a4e3a6c3e47414fa5.jpg
Not tried that one but in line with my customary man crush of the William's Bros, they have a few good IPAs. I say this having not been a fan until I persisted with them recently.

Tin Man, Seven Giraffes and Joker are all good.

Thistly Cross' Scottish Fruits Cider, which is decent stuff. The can claims that it has added strawberry, elderflower and blackcurrants to its normal cider for this and it's certainly much more floral and natural tasting than most mass market fruit ciders. There's a good sharp flavour to it as well but I can't seem to drink more than one of them without wanting something less sweet to follow - it has the Kopparberg effect of leaving you just as thirsty as you were before.

Pubs in South Australia now dropped the need to be seated and buy something to eat. My first draught beer since March. Goodiesons of McLaren Vale Coffee Stout. Has a distinct coffee aroma and taste but smooth and potentially dangerous at 7.5%. IMG_6679.jpg

James Squire Hop Thief is possibly my favourite beer and now there is a special 10th Edition. Slightly stronger 5.3 v 5 for Hop Thief 9. Difference is the hops Santi, Simcoe, Mossic & Galaxy for 10 v Citra Lupulin & Calypso for 9 plus first time I’ve had Hop Thief in a can. It’s still good stuff. IMG_6684.jpg