What Are You Drinking ?

20200624_123657.thumb.jpg.ed4891903115ff212cfc30497762df0d.jpg

My Beer52 order arrived this morning. It was the free first month shipment for £5.95 postage. I don't really want to pay £24 a month for 8 beers so I cancelled my subscription. It says that you have to phone but they were busy so I emailed them and they replied pretty quickly with some sob story that they are sorry to see me go and promising rewards if I come crawling back. They said the next order would be £16. It is tempting but I don't want to turn  this into some kind of soap opera pish so I'm making a clean break.

The beers themselves look pretty interesting. There's even a black pepper IPA that I'm keen to try. There's also a bag of some chickpea snack and a magazine. A pretty decent haul for £5.95.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

My Beer52 order arrived this morning. It was the free first month shipment for £5.95 postage. I don't really want to pay £24 a month for 8 beers so I cancelled my subscription. It says that you have to phone but they were busy so I emailed them and they replied pretty quickly with some sob story that they are sorry to see me go and promising rewards if I come crawling back. They said the next order would be £16. It is tempting but I don't want to turn  this into some kind of soap opera pish so I'm making a clean break.
The beers themselves look pretty interesting. There's even a black pepper IPA that I'm keen to try. There's also a bag of some chickpea snack and a magazine. A pretty decent haul for £5.95.
I wonder how many people actually keep the subscription going as everyone I know has always cancelled after receiving their first 'free' box.

5 minutes ago, spud131 said:
31 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I wonder how many people actually keep the subscription going as everyone I know has always cancelled after receiving their first 'free' box.

I’ve kept it going.  Eight beers a month is a nice amount of booze for me, and there’s some great stuff.  Including this porter, which is a top five all time for me.  Glorious. 

image.jpg

33 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

The black pepper IPA has absolutely no pepper in it to my taste.  YMMV. 

11 minutes ago, spud131 said:
37 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've had my subscription for over a year and have gone all in for the 12-pack upgrade. Don't think I've ever been disappointed although amber/red ale is the only style I haven't really been taken with so far. Maybe I just haven't met the right one yet...

Also have an Honest Brew subscription, which might be a better move for some folk as you choose the beers yourself.  :) As well as stand-alone orders, you can pay into their "beer bank" membership every month and this also gets you 10% off. 

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’ve kept it going.  Eight beers a month is a nice amount of booze for me, and there’s some great stuff.  Including this porter, which is a top five all time for me.  Glorious. 

image.jpg

10 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

I've had my subscription for over a year and have gone all in for the 12-pack upgrade. Don't think I've ever been disappointed although amber/red ale is the only style I haven't really been taken with so far. Maybe I just haven't met the right one yet...

Also have an Honest Brew subscription, which might be a better move for some folk as you choose the beers yourself.  :) As well as stand-alone orders, you can pay into their "beer bank" membership every month and this also gets you 10% off. 

I was tempted to keep it going but TBH it is more than I want to pay and getting the parcels delivered when I go back to work will just be a pain in the hoop.

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Nice retro tablecloth. Haven't seen that pattern since 1968.

IMG_0872.thumb.jpg.f2dab7516417fd7317b494ed4d8086be.jpg

Latest in a long line of consistently excellent offerings from Williams Bros. 12 tins for £14 from Aldi. Can’t say fairer than that. The Hacienda is top quality
Didn't realise the Hacienda one was from Williams Bros, will give it a bash the next time I'm in.

On 23/06/2020 at 23:58, mathematics said:

Had that last week. Tasty.

I used to love Dark Island and even had it installed as a cask ale in the bar I ran in the 90s. Lovely stuff.

Imagine my dismay when I took a swig and damn near spat it out. Foul, foul, foul stuff. Either it's changed or I have.