What Are You Drinking ?

17 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

It's one of my favourites, I've never had it on tap, you need to be careful when pouring it from the bottle as there is a layer of yeasty sediment at the bottom of the bottle, luckily the bar where i drink it pours it for you. 

Its like a whole new experience drinking in a bar again. 

I have pals in Munich so visit there often. Schneider Weisse as part of a Bavarian breakfast cures all ills from the night before.

On 18/06/2020 at 18:29, Bairnardo said:

Joker IPA.

Just fucking hard pipe Willaims Bros brewery into my house.

Have a 4 pack of that, a 4 pack of Cesar Augustus and a 4 pack of their Craft Lager (all from Aldi).

They really do make exceptional beers.

Have you tried Double Joker?

Have a 4 pack of that, a 4 pack of Cesar Augustus and a 4 pack of their Craft Lager (all from Aldi).
They're prob not as 'sexy' a brewery as other big Scottish ones like Brewdog, West and Innes and Gunn, but they prob have by far the best range of beers.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Na never seen it. Tbf I am dipping my toe into standard IPA having not been a fan. I like the American style tropical ones but wanting to try the more bitter end too. 

Havent tried their craft lager either. Will keep an eye out for both. 

Incidentally I am drinking a Kolsch made by my mate who I relentlessly bored into becoming as obsessed with brewing as I am. 

Giving the sub a break tonight and having a couple of Budweisers. Courtesy of the Coop 2 pizzas and 4 buds deal.

Bud is only to be consumed if it’s part of an offer. It is not the king of beers. Not even a distant relative of the king of beers.

12 minutes ago, spud131 said:
14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They're prob not as 'sexy' a brewery as other big Scottish ones like Brewdog, West and Innes and Gunn, but they prob have by far the best range of beers.

Aye, probably my favourite range. All great beers.

Have said before but we have so many great breweries/beers in Scotland. Williams Brothers, Brewdog, Harviestoun, Drygate, Fyne Ales, Innis and Gunn, Black Isle, Loch Ness, Fierce Beer, Brew Toon, Cairngorm, Caledonian, Cromarty Brewing, Fallen Brewing, Keith Brewing and many others I'm forgetting.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Na never seen it. Tbf I am dipping my toe into standard IPA having not been a fan. I like the American style tropical ones but wanting to try the more bitter end too. 

Havent tried their craft lager either. Will keep an eye out for both. 

Incidentally I am drinking a Kolsch made by my mate who I relentlessly bored into becoming as obsessed with brewing as I am. 

It's not widely available. Only seen it in Morrisons. 

Aldi is good for the Williams Brothers stuff. Lidl can be as well.

Kolsch is great. @Stellaboz can just wonder in to any old kiosk and get fresh, local stuff. Had quite a few of the different ones when was over seeing the chodbin. Gaffel was probably the best.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Giving the sub a break tonight and having a couple of Budweisers. Courtesy of the Coop 2 pizzas and 4 buds deal.

Bud is only to be consumed if it’s part of an offer. It is not the king of beers. Not even a distant relative of the king of beers.

Ach, Bud is ok. Would have many others ahead of it, but it's fine. 

The Bud 66 they used to do was quite decent.

Asda used to do a great deal where they'd sell three 4 packs of world lager for £9/£10. That deal is sadly long gone but so are many of the beers they did, most notably Cusquena, a Peruvian beer which is fantastic.

Asda used to do a great deal where they'd sell three 4 packs of world lager for £9/£10. That deal is sadly long gone but so are many of the beers they did, most notably Cusquena, a Peruvian beer which is fantastic.

I’ve used lockdown as an opportunity to try as many different beers as possible from Aldi and Lidl. Quite a few gems out there. I fear it’s ruined “normal” beers for me.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

I’ve used lockdown as an opportunity to try as many different beers as possible from Aldi and Lidl. Quite a few gems out there. I fear it’s ruined “normal” beers for me.

There's loads of variety, including among the 'normal' beers, so it's win win really.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Re the Kolsch, I have never had a real one. The appeal for me was being able to make it at ale temperatures because I dont have a method to cold ferment lager as yet. 

Re Cusquena, they changed it, the b*****ds. I reckon it must have been about 2007 me and my mate had a beers of the world day in my flat before going out. Cusquena was the runaway winner that day. It was fucking beautiful. I recommended it to anyone that would listen. Then it suddenly went a bit shit. 

The same happened with Brahma. 

Not one usually for any sort of wine, but really enjoying Vinho Verde. Bought a bottle from Waitrose (not a Tory) and it's bloody brilliant. However I do find that I drink it the same pace I'd knock back a lager, so have had some horrific hangovers. 

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Re the Kolsch, I have never had a real one. The appeal for me was being able to make it at ale temperatures because I dont have a method to cold ferment lager as yet. 

Re Cusquena, they changed it, the b*****ds. I reckon it must have been about 2007 me and my mate had a beers of the world day in my flat before going out. Cusquena was the runaway winner that day. It was fucking beautiful. I recommended it to anyone that would listen. Then it suddenly went a bit shit. 

The same happened with Brahma. 

Not had a Cusquena or Brahma in years. Not seen either in years. 

Tesco used to have a great world beers section. Sadly no more. There was a great Argentinian one called Quilmes. Sadly missed.