What Are You Drinking ?

On 12/06/2020 at 23:06, GiGi said:

Bathtub gin for me! Potent stuff.

Is this any good? 

I got offered it pretty cheap last week and thought about it but it was mainly just to sit in the cabinet as an ornament. If it is tasty I will get a few bottles. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is this any good? 

I got offered it pretty cheap last week and thought about it but it was mainly just to sit in the cabinet as an ornament. If it is tasty I will get a few bottles. 

Yeah it's good. Far cry from your normal dry gins though, it's dark red coloured and has some strong cardomom and cloves kicking through.

Exactly so. Wee vent on the top for when the flow slows down. They're doing a cask club I'm very tempted to join, £40 a month for 2 kegs including delivery.
I have one from hybrid brewery (recommended, good guy) which I am going to attenpt to condition some beer in. If it goes well you might be drinking Bairnardobrau out one of them soon

17 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

El Dorado 15 year old rum. Quite nice, but at £50 a bottle I'll probably stick to Lambs Navy Rum in future.

OVD is your friend in the value camp; Lamb's Navy is horrendous.

7 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Exactly so. Wee vent on the top for when the flow slows down. They're doing a cask club I'm very tempted to join, £40 a month for 2 kegs including delivery.

Cool. £40 for ten litres of beer...  a bit more than two quid a pint? Not bad. The kegs look great.

8 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Im drinking beer in a bar! 

IMG_20200619_161928.jpg

Schneider is the best weissbier you can get on tap IMO. Not tried it out a bottle but imagine it's still very good.

9 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Schneider is the best weissbier you can get on tap IMO. Not tried it out a bottle but imagine it's still very good.

It's one of my favourites, I've never had it on tap, you need to be careful when pouring it from the bottle as there is a layer of yeasty sediment at the bottom of the bottle, luckily the bar where i drink it pours it for you. 

Its like a whole new experience drinking in a bar again.